So im getting an amp and i need to know which amp would be the best for me. i play classic rock and metal mostly. somewhere around $400.

So what would be a good amp for those styles and that price range? Thnx
Quote by headbangerbuggy
That is the most incomprehensible post I have ever seen. LEARN TO GRAMMAR.

Quote by steven seagull
Then it IS blues, just angrier, louder and more pissed off
Quote by Wayne637
So im getting an amp and i need to know which amp would be the best for me. i play classic rock and metal mostly. somewhere around $400.

So what would be a good amp for those styles and that price range? Thnx

Blackstar HT-5
This should be in GG&A forum.

Anyway, you could get a Peavey Vypyr or Valveking for about that price. The Vypyr is a modelling amp and the Valveking is a full tube.

The Valveking will require a pedal or two and perhaps a speaker change to get a great metal tone.

The Vypyr can get metal tones right out of the box. I'd look into the Vypyr Tube 60. It's $450.

Also, check out the Spider Valve. I liked it when I played it and its going for $400 somewhere on the internet.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
vypyr u can get a tube 60 or a solid state i have a 75 watt solid state amazing good sounds with everything and when u have it on full it sounds like a frieght train
Line 6 Spider III 15,

its really good, sounds great. i play a lot of metal and some classic and i love this amp. i got mine at Guitar Center for $100 bucks. its a good price and good amp
^
Be ready to be flamed....
IMO Spider III amps are really good. You can check them out. Maybe a 75Watt Spider III. Better for Metal than Roland Cubes and Vox VT's if you can find the "Good" Presets
Quote by Marmax
Line 6 Spider III 15,

its really good, sounds great. i play a lot of metal and some classic and i love this amp. i got mine at Guitar Center for $100 bucks. its a good price and good amp

either a troll, or a ****ing moron.

either way, I have no respect for you. August 09'ers...*grumble*

TS, stretch your budget to $600 and buy a Kustom Defender 50W Tube Amp.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']either a troll, or a ****ing moron.

either way, I have no respect for you. August 09'ers...*grumble*

TS, stretch your budget to $600 and buy a Kustom Defender 50W Tube Amp.

Hopefully you only have a mild dislike for me as im only March 09'er.

What about Marshalls?
Quote by headbangerbuggy
That is the most incomprehensible post I have ever seen. LEARN TO GRAMMAR.

Quote by steven seagull
Then it IS blues, just angrier, louder and more pissed off