i have an audition for a diploma of music in about 2 months.

i currently am playing a ****ing lp100 epiphone :|

I want to buy a seven string, i NEED a new guitar and i only have about 950 aussie bux.

Could someone please point me in the direction of something at least half decent, that sounds good, looks good and doesnt make me cringe at the price tag.

So far i have currently done some research on, a Schecter Damien 7 and an ibanez RG7321..

these seems to be the best two options so far.

thanks dudes
Genere you're going to play?
And which amps are you going to play?

I think, for rock/metal and cool looks: Jack KVX10 King V

Yet, I'm an idiot.
The Ibanez RG7321 is a good choice for a seven string from what I've heard. A guy I know in town has one and he loves it. Sounds good too!

I like the Ibanez S7320. It's got a ZR 7 string trem which is pretty awesome.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Last edited by soul.power at Aug 15, 2009,
Quote by Fiire
Genere you're going to play?
And which amps are you going to play?

I think, for rock/metal and cool looks: Jack KVX10 King V

Yet, I'm an idiot.

the KVX10 is actually a VERY good guitar for the price... my friend prefers it over his Dean Dixie Rebel

there is also a neck thru line of jackson that arent made in the U.S.A. that usually run around 900 USD

also, i havent heard much about it but there is a Jackson artist 7 string
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Last edited by cukd7x-a2- at Aug 15, 2009,
ha a diploma

i do a degree
i win

and it dont matter bout ur guitar there not going to judge you on ur gear
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Yea don't worry about the gear. It'd probably be easier for you to play on your current instrument cause you'll be more comfortable and it'll show in your playing.

Now quit fretting over your gear and ****ing practice so you can make your Mom and Dad proud when you show them your diploma!
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
It's true, when you go to study music formally, in this case guitar, they don't give the slightest damn what guitar it is you own at the moment or if your tone is any good or anything else. What they're going to care about is how clean your jazz runs are and how well you already know your music theory.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by steve!
ha a diploma

i do a degree
i win

and it dont matter bout ur guitar there not going to judge you on ur gear

may i ask how old you are?

and also, i know that, but for the course i will need a guitar, and also for the audition i would like to playing something that will improve my sound.

I also should have mentioned, i mainly play death metal but of course wont be playing that on the day
I also use a Peavey Valveking, say something bad i dont care.
Quote by Vasser
Yea don't worry about the gear. It'd probably be easier for you to play on your current instrument cause you'll be more comfortable and it'll show in your playing.

Now quit fretting over your gear and ****ing practice so you can make your Mom and Dad proud when you show them your diploma!

haha, i know this aswell of course.

its funny my father actually recently rammed that down my throat too.

but i also need a new guitar regardless because the one i currently own is a ****ing nightmare lol