Hey, it's me again, I think this is my last question about what I can post up as music. I wanted to know if I am able to add the song underneith my guitar play. For example, If I were to record "Sweet Child O' Mine", am I allowed to put the original song behind my playing, so I would have singing, drums, bass, and rythmn. Thanks again for all you guys help.
you can use backing tracks, just not the actual song if i understand it right. just ask a mod though to be sure.
<--- Craig: Guy With Best Username Ever
Quote by Primus2112
\m/[-_-]\m/

lulz, best name ever.

Quote by herby190
TS, your username is really difficult to type, so I'm just going to refer to you as Craig from now on. Okay? Okay.
There's never any harm in asking. There's a disclaimer that you have to tick before you upload anyway, but it's best to be safe.
Yeah I have uploaded a couple of songs that I wrote, but I wasn't sure if it would be classified as copyrighted if it was just a backing track, thanks for your help.
Just one more quick question, If I take an original song, and play it myself, then can I upload it?
Quote by Crazylegs11
Just one more quick question, If I take an original song, and play it myself, then can I upload it?
lol wut? if it's an original song, that means YOU wrote it. You can do whatever you like with your own work, unless you've sold the rights to the recording to someone else.

Maybe you mean a Cover Song?
Your performance of a copyrighted song is fine.
It must be you, or you and your band playing all the parts.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I have heard of people selling off the rights just to get signed and not being allowed to perform songs they wrote themselves after they loose the label. the industry is a shady beast.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Check the copyright for dummies thread (stickied) in Musician Talk. Nobody can prevent you from performing anything live.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.