Aside from the United States and United Kingdom, which have a legal limit of 0.08%, most countries have a lower legal limit, some even with a zero tolerance policy regardless of age (Brazil just switched to this).

For a 160 pound male drinking beer, it takes about 4 standard drinks to exceed the legal limit (rough estimate) in the U.S./U.K. Do you think that someone should legally be allowed to drive after 3.5 drinks? This isn't for school or anything...I've just seen a lot of drunk driving deaths in the local news recently and was surprised by the policies of the U.S. compared to some other countries.

List of legal limits: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_alcohol_content

BAC calculator: http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm

Edit: Thanks
Last edited by tall saint at Aug 15, 2009,
Here's how I think of it.

If you have been drinking, you shouldn't be driving. There, plain and simple.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by tall saint
legally be allowed to drink after 3.5 drinks?
wut?

I believe you mean drive?
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
what zippy said...

zippy i like your avatar
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Yeah I agree with Aero and Zippy.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
drunk ride a hoe, don't drunk ride.....your car..
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
well if your 500 pounds then its gonna take a lot to exeed the limit, so it depends the person
From personal experience. When you have been drinking less you drive worse because you think your fine but when your ****ed you know your ****ed and compensate for it.

Drink driving is bad. Make sure you tell your friends to stop you as mine never do which annoys me when i wake up at home.
The thing ism, you couldn't like enforce the driving after 3.5 thing, they couldn't prove it. Also, blood alcohol level is relative to how big you are and that is how drunk you are.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I agree you can have 1 or 2 beers and still drive but more than that is pushing it, I don't drive even if I'm slightly buzzed (and before this turns into a piss-fest of "I CAN TOTALLY DRINK 28 BEERS AND STILL DRIVE"...stfu).
Quote by tayroar
The thing ism, you couldn't like enforce the driving after 3.5 thing, they couldn't prove it. Also, blood alcohol level is relative to how big you are and that is how drunk you are.

They could enforce a zero tolerance policy though, or 0.05% or 0.02% or whatever.
Quote by TheReverend724
new AZ law, you can be ticketed / arrested for driving under the legal limit

LOL wut??seriously wut???

if you hadn't had a single drink, you could be arrested for....not being drunk driving?

ATTENTION AZ'ERS: drink drive now!
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
When I did my Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate, the guy teaching the class told us that only one standard drink in the system will bring the average person to .05% blood alcohol, so that's only a bit more than one and a half to get to .08 if I'm right? I could be totally wrong. And I totally agree with zippidyduda on the "if you've been drinking, you shouldn't be driving" thing. Err on the side of caution and have a designated driver if you want to drink. Or catch a cab. It's not hard.

Also TS, there is a zero blood alcohol for drivers who have been driving less than 3 years (different license classes are used).
Quote by TheReverend724
new AZ law, you can be ticketed / arrested for driving under the legal limit

Okay, I'm going to need a source. The way you said that is you can be ticketed for not being intoxicvated. I assume you mean ticketed for having alcohol in your system but a lesser fine than if you had 0.8%
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Aerokizzombie
what zippy said...

zippy i like your avatar

Thanks, I think yours is a bit better than mine though
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway