im building a tele ,i guess more of a hotrod tele with a maple top i have a matching peice of veneer already glued on the headstock .i was wondering what to do with the neck would leave the neck natural maple color or dye it black or the same crimson red as the guitar , the pic is just a couple coats of sealer

Last edited by copperhead at Aug 15, 2009,
By neck do you mean just the headstock? Or the whole neck. If its just the headstock, I'd dye it to match the body. That thing looks sweet, love the colour.
sorry man!! you get replies here very fast but i already have the headstocked dyed red to match the body but the NECK is still natural maple i was getting ready to apply the finish on the neck and i got to thinking of leaving the neck natural,black or red ?
Leave it natural, it creates a nice contrast to the red.

Also, quick answers are what we do.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
natural
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
leave it natural, its unanimous.
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Cedric, we (most) of us (i assume) are okay with the red matching headstock (which he already did), were talking about a red matching neck.
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
I read this too hastily. Is you neck flamed maple? If it is, it would look sexy to dye it black, then sand some so the grain pops, then dye trans red. I am not a fan of painted necks because they tend to be too sticky feeling. But you can dye it and still retain smooth feel. Hadalet did one like that with black and yellow a couple years ago and it is my favorite looking neck ever.
Last edited by cedricsmods at Aug 16, 2009,