Recently i've been interested in software effects..
I'm getting logic studio and I was looking at Mainstage and i was wonder if anyone uses software effects..
To me it seems like you have more options than having to buy a bunch of hardware..
So what are the pros and cons?

I've tried looking around for more info about software effects but i've found nothing..
Any ideas?

-Thanks
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
VST/AU/RTAS/etc technology is wonderful. It is leaps ahead of hardware for several reasons - routing capabilities, # of parameters, automation and lots more. The main thing with hardware is the fact that you have hands on control and the reliability.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
VST/AU/RTAS/etc technology is wonderful. It is leaps ahead of hardware for several reasons - routing capabilities, # of parameters, automation and lots more. The main thing with hardware is the fact that you have hands on control and the reliability.

alright cool!
I was thinking about getting a midi control pedal to do everything.. and i have several midi contrllers that i could use to mess with permaters live.

any opinions on good software?
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
What kind of software? Recording? Effects? Something else?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
What kind of software? Recording? Effects? Something else?

Well.. I'm getting logic then i'll have about $500 for whatever! So i'll be set for recording.. If logic is what its cut out to be!
So Effects.. like a pedal package software or something?
I saw that propellerhead teamed up with line 6 and is coming out with propellerhead record which is suppose to come with a buch of line 6 effects!

Or would you just suggest messing around with free vst and au, and see how that goes?
Quote by joshjhasarrived
I don't think that Logic runs VSTs and only runs AUs, so you're kinda screwed out of a lot of great stuff, especially free stuff. I'm too lazy to recommend you stuff, so you should just head over to the KVR database and look stuff up yourself. The databse is huge and has tons of stuff listed - a wonderful tool.
www.kvraudio.com

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
I don't think that Logic runs VSTs and only runs AUs, so you're kinda screwed out of a lot of great stuff, especially free stuff. I'm too lazy to recommend you stuff, so you should just head over to the KVR database and look stuff up yourself. The databse is huge and has tons of stuff listed - a wonderful tool.
www.kvraudio.com

I have Ableton Live which supports both!

Thanks for the link!
Quote by joshjhasarrived
^ You can do a LOT better than that even for free.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣