Page 1 of 4
Here in the US, we have 'english muffins', which are round, flat things that often go in the toaster then get speared with butter or jam.

Then, we also have 'muffins' which are like cupcakes, but... well, I don't really know how they are different than cupcakes. They don't have frosting though. And come in flavors like banana nut, and blueberry, and lemon poppyseed.

You people in the UK, do you just call 'english muffins' 'muffins'? And do you call 'muffins' 'american muffins'?
Quote by mort1
know im in the wrong forum
im not stupid........... duh
if you havent notised there is alot of ignorant people here,,,,,,,
Quote by fret_racer82
Sorry. Jersey boy here.

But English muffins are tasty.

This
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
No, but we do have a term for American Cheese.

Processed shi!te.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
If I lived in the UK I would answer this question.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
I hate English muffins. Unless its that kinda of muffin. Then I love em.

I agree. How the hell are muffins different from cupcakes besides the whole icing bit?
I just call them both muffins, but the toasted ones are English muffins. I was talking about this earlier actually!
Quote by jackofclubs
Freebird!!!
Quote by sebbsmith
I just call them both muffins, but the toasted ones are English muffins. I was talking about this earlier actually!

As far as I know this is pretty much the standard thing here, both of them are just muffins
Gear:
Musicman Sub Sterling
Yamaha RBXJM2
Ashdown MAG 300 Head + Ashdown 410T Cab
Bass Big Muff Pi
Korg Pitchblack
Morley Dual Bass Wah
i have no idea what they look like, otherwise i would answer, pics please
Quote by rorypearce
"Orange amp owners unite"?

......form of... Tiny terror

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
Muffins are like chocolate muffins

English muffins, maybe crumpets, not sure

And cupcakes are cupcakes
Quote by Don_Humpador

Crumpets are where it's at.

Agreed! and everyone I know just calls them both muffins...
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
crumpets are the win!!!!!!!!
Quote by rorypearce
"Orange amp owners unite"?

......form of... Tiny terror

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
They're not muffins, they're crumpets. In England the word Muffin.. means muffin.

ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Pipsicles
Muffins are like chocolate muffins

English muffins, maybe crumpets, not sure

And cupcakes are cupcakes

You call crumpets, English muffins? No no no!

Crumpet :

Muffin :

Muffin :
Quote by Don_Humpador
We call them both muffins

Crumpets are where it's at.

This.

Crumpets are not muffins, people...
Quote by Vauxite
They're not muffins, they're crumpets. In England the word Muffin.. means muffin.

wrong crumpets are completely different to muffins. Muffins are a bit like bread buns.
Quote by Don_Humpador

You call crumpets, English muffins? No no no!

Nah I call crumpets crumpets, love them, chocolatey thing a muffin.

But that bun looking thing is not a muffin in my books, that's a bun.
We just call them both muffins, have a moment of slight confusion and get on with it. Or we call the American ones by what flavours they are.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by yeoman125
wrong crumpets are completely different to muffins. Muffins are a bit like bread buns.

Well, I'm from Tyne and Wear as well as yourself and honestly, you ask for a muffin anywhere and you're going to get asked whether you want chocolate or blueberry.

You might be confused with the ****ing McMuffin bull**** that Mcdonalds sells, but they're American so it doesn't help.

^ I would call that an egg in a bun. With whatever toppings you'd want.
They're both just muffins to me.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by likesilverr
Here in the US, we have 'english muffins', which are round, flat things that often go in the toaster then get speared with butter or jam.

It sounds like you're talking about 'crumpets'.

Quote by likesilverr

Then, we also have 'muffins' which are like cupcakes, but... well, I don't really know how they are different than cupcakes. They don't have frosting though. And come in flavors like banana nut, and blueberry, and lemon poppyseed.

We call those muffins as well.

That has made me really hungry.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
I come from a family of bakers, and in my family, the toasted versions are called muffins and the sweet version a 'bun', usualy with the prefix of the flavour added, such as 'chocolate bun' for example.
The paper casings they come in are also known as 'bun casings'
Quote by Pipsicles

You might be confused with the ****ing McMuffin bull**** that Mcdonalds sells, but they're American so it doesn't help.

^ I would call that an egg in a bun. With whatever toppings you'd want.

Don't you ever talk ill of a sausage and egg McMuffin.

They are awesome.

Anyway... it's a muffin, not a bun, hence its called a McMuffin.

A bread bun is a bap... like a cob but not crusty...

Oh wait...

This discussion has happened before, the outcome was that everywhere calls bread things by different names...
I've never heard of an English muffin. In Scotland, a muffin is the american sort.

and crumpets are obviously made of pure, unadulterated win.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I come from a family of bakers, and in my family, the toasted versions are called muffins and the sweet version a 'bun', usualy with the prefix of the flavour added, such as 'chocolate bun' for example.
The paper casings they come in are also known as 'bun casings'

this^

except im not from a family of bakers.....

Edit:

there are also "american muffins" which are usually monsterus things laden with all sorts of shit that i wouldnt put anywhere near my mouth.
Last edited by MapOfYourHead at Aug 16, 2009,
We call muffins muffins...we don't have "English Muffins"....but they sound like crumpets, which are ****ing delish.
Quote by Pipsicles
Well, I'm from Tyne and Wear as well as yourself and honestly, you ask for a muffin anywhere and you're going to get asked whether you want chocolate or blueberry.

go to the restaurant in the monument mall. And have the brunch muffin.
i love home made egg and bacon mcmuffin.

also crumpets are good

and normal muffins
IAMREALLYCOOL
Quote by yeoman125
go to the restaurant in the monument mall. And have the brunch muffin.

Which restaurant is this? I've only bought from the pizza one that's there. I want this muffin
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Bought some crumpets ages ago - Used 4 (of the 6) in the pack... The other two are still in the cupboard like 2 weeks on, and as a result are rock hard...

I might have them tomorrow as an experiment
I had both muffins AND crumpets last week (not at the same time ).

I also had croissants. Crumpets still win.
I had croissants last weekend

You're right thought, crumpets win.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by SMH07
Which restaurant is this? I've only bought from the pizza one that's there. I want this muffin

i don't know that its called, but if you go right to the top from the zavvi side it'll be on your left. Its got material hanging from the windows.
Quote by MapOfYourHead
this^

except im not from a family of bakers.....

Edit:

there are also "american muffins" which are usually monsterus things laden with all sorts of shit that i wouldnt put anywhere near my mouth.

That sounds a bit like a tea-cake which can be plain or contain dried fruits such as currants or sultanas. We have a 'monsterus' form of tea-cake (similar to a muffin but not dusted with cornmeal) known as an 'oven bottom'.
Page 1 of 4