so right now i got a Marshall mg13ms2 and its much crap and am looking for a new amp, don't really want to play more than 300 dollar and was looking at the Fender Frontman 212R 100W 2x12 Combo Amp. anyone know if its a good amp or got any recomendations on what i should get still kind of new to electric guitar
I've played the fender, its a solid amp. Great clean channel and plenty loud, but I don't know if itl stand its own in anything larger than a small venue. Distortion channel sucks, use effects pedals through the clean if you're going to get it
Quote by Sooopo
You sir, have made my day awesome.

8/7/09

RIP Les Paul, I bet he's forming a kick-ass band up there to play The Great Gig in the Sky. Maybe we'll all have to use a Stairway to Heaven to go see them play. You know I'm funny.
Okay first off, what kind of music do you play and what is your equipment now, besides the Marshall?
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Since you're new to guitar, a Peavey Vypyr or Vox VT would be nice. There is a lot of effects to mess around with. It would help to know what genres you play
Right now i have a Epi les paul custom and a DS7 distortion pedal(never really use it). I try to play the music i listen to like some blink, brand new, interpol, my chem, TBS, billy talent, jimmy eat world, rise against, and stuff like that. I would love to make my current amp sound good but ive tried and not knowing much about amps doesn't help.
Last edited by kennymax89 at Aug 16, 2009,
Is the MG15 micro stack really that bad or is it me? when i play unplugged or play acoustic it sounds fine, but i just cant get a good sound out of it , it just sounds like a radio station out of tune and really fuzzy. it has great clean but i like to play with overdrive and the ds7 pedal i can get to sound right through my clean channel