I'm getting this pain in my elbow that I never had before. I stopped anchoring my wrist on the guitar, and now that I'm floating above the strings, I'm having this pain in my elbow. Its not like a sharp pain, but one from fatigue. More like a general discomfort.

Is this normal? Will I adapt? Or is there something wrong with my form?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
well if its from fatiuge like you said its most likely going to go away when you build whatever muscle your now using to keep your arm how you have it. so most likeley
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
You shouldn't have any pain from playing the guitar for normal periods of time (Not over 6 hours a day every single day for example) except in the pads of your fingers and sometimes your hand when first starting out. Pain usually means your doing something wrong.

Edit: If its just fatigue you have just been using it a lot probably. I mean there are other things you use your arms for besides guitar that could cause it to be a little sore. I mean mine hurts right now from playing volleyball for like 4 hours.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
Last edited by Chaos Nil at Aug 16, 2009,
I've found that as I gradually stopped anchoring, I began to suffer for my under developed control. It is most likely that you are incorporating too much gross arm movement rather than relaxed control movements from the wrist. I would suggest practicing slowly make use of motions primarily from the wrist.

Hope I helped.
Typing in purple makes me look a bit like an elitist. I highly enjoy it.
maybe you got arthritis or sumthing dude, seriously though im not joking either that or your doing something wrong
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Figured it out. I switched knees I was playing on.

When I had it on my right, it was causing me to extend my arm wayyyyyyyyyy out. Switched back to my left leg to rest the guitar on, and bam. My arm was relaxed and suddenly my playing got a lot better.

Thanks for the help guise.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
try a doing a proper warm up (30 to 45 minutes) somewhere amongst my post`s i described what i do for my warmup go find it `cos i`m not typing it again