Ok I have a massive problem(and wall of text, sorry). Ok I recently bought a Blackstar HT-5 halfstack from music123 and was a bit letdown that it didn't have enough gain for my needs but I did use a pedal to push it a bit. Overall I was rather disappointed but I was impressed by the cleans. So today at Guitar Center, I grabbed a hardtail Hellraiser from the wall and saw a bunch of annoying douches in each of the aisles of brand name amps all BLASTING them hella loud struggling to play power chords. I see an ignored wall of Raven amps with a Bugera 6262-112 at the bottom. I see people recommending Bugera's on UG all the time si I figure I'll have a go on it. I sit down, play it, and **** a brick. This thing blew me away. I tried it out playing LOG, BLS, Metallica, GN'R, Bodom, Soft slow stuff, it could do it all. I was completely and utterly impressed. Now heres my dilemma. I feel that if I had played the Blackstar before i bought it, I wouldn't have ended up buying it. The Bugera was $600 and 120 watts. Do I return the Blackstar, get the refund($400), save a bit and buy the Bugera? Yes I'm within the 45-day return policy to return the Blackstar, also. I'm only going to be using the amp for practice ATM but am gonna try to get a part in a band that I know a guy from. What do I do?

Help is GREATLY appreciated.

tl;dr: Return a Blackstar HT-5 that I wasn't too impressed by to buy a Bugera 6262-112 or not?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Yes.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Yes.

Wow thanks for the help.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
get the bugera, if only for the fact that its more versitile and will be good for more than just practice
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Yeah, go for it.

If you truly like the Bugera more, save up and buy it. For the long run, it's always better to be completely satisfied with a piece of equipment you have, even if it means a lot of tedious work (which in this case would be returning, refunding, etc....)

But yes, definitely go for it if you really like the Bugera. You also might wanna check out some other (new and/or used) amps too just to make sure.
Quote by JayT44
Wow thanks for the help.

He answered the question, you said do it or not and he said yes, as in do it. I agree, sounds like you've made up your mind, although I question getting a 120watt for just practice, but if you're confident you'll need more out of it in the near future that seems like a good idea.

Like you said, you like one amp, you don't like another. If you were in a store and played them side by side there's no question which one you would go for. Why put a question mark where there's no question
I'd do it if you like the Bugera, especially if you want to be in a band.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Don't mean to piss on your popcorn, but you might want to check out testimony on Bugera reliability; seen a lot of complaints on Bugera, none about Blackstar. That $600 could wind up an expensive paperweight...
Quote by laxduck
He answered the question, you said do it or not and he said yes, as in do it. I agree, sounds like you've made up your mind, although I question getting a 120watt for just practice, but if you're confident you'll need more out of it in the near future that seems like a good idea.

Like you said, you like one amp, you don't like another. If you were in a store and played them side by side there's no question which one you would go for. Why put a question mark where there's no question

+1 to everything in this post.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
You already seem sold on the Bugera my friend. Why'd you get the Blackstar in the first place? Impulse buy I'm guessing? because there's quite some difference between an HT-5 and a 120 watt gain monster.
Its been said time and time again, but if you like it I'd say go for it. Especially if you think the tone is as good, if not better than the HT-5. Also it would be more than loud enough for a band.
Quote by laxduck
although I question getting a 120watt for just practice, but if you're confident you'll need more out of it in the near future that seems like a good idea.

Yeah I do too. Normally this is where I would facepalm noobs but I could get a great low volume sound out of it. And getting in a band isn't a sure thing. I'm kinda in between ATM.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
A 120w amp will be fine for practice, you just gotta be careful with the master.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Ok and my next questions are... Can guitar center order one of these in stock for me if they sell it? Does Bugera have any of the same model in a lower wattage and cheaper price? How are Bugera's reliability?

There are 2 guitar centers I visit once in a while and they are both about 100 miles away in opposite directions. And also I can't find any Bugera's for sale online.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Last edited by JayT44 at Aug 16, 2009,
They can order anything they have on their website or in their warehouse. Call them about that one. Get the bugera.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
bump
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
If you want it, like it and think it's a viable option... YES.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
How much is the Bugera? The going rate seems to be about $600- $650, and for that price you could probably snap up a 6505/5150 (which the Bugera is basically a cheap copy of).

Here's one for $550:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-5150-2x12-Combo-All-Tube-Van-Halen-Brown-Sound_W0QQitemZ250483291563QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a51f7b5ab&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Also keep an eye on this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-5150-combo-amp-Eddie-Van-Halen-with-road-case_W0QQitemZ170370874963QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27aae53e53&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

These are going to be considerably better built and more durable than the Bugera copies.
FWIW the 6262 doesn't have a master volume.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by laxduck

This.