Or maybe you have... it's a "which amp" thread.

I am looking to greatly improve my sound with a tube amp. I really don't need it to be very loud. I have never played a tube amp but anything over 30 watts is probably too ear shredding for what I'll be doing, which is practicing by myself and jamming with friends.

I currently have an Epiphone G-400. My style is classic rock, and my budget... let's say $600-$700, but if I will consider going a little bit over. I will not consider going used, however.

I have a few amps in mind... But I am open to other suggestions.

Peavey Classic 30

Vox Custom Classic AC15CC1 15W

And I've been looking at a few more. The problem is, my local Guitar Center and other shops do not carry these specific models so I will only be able to try a couple of them out. I have looked at several youtube videos, and they all get very positive reviews (like always) so I really need the help of you guys!

Thanks
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
just for the title, then the disappointment of finding out its ANOTHER amp thread that i was involuntarily thrown into, my advice is this:

flip a coin. heads is peavy, tails is vox.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
just for the title, then the disappointment of finding out its ANOTHER amp thread that i was involuntarily thrown into, my advice is this:

flip a coin. heads is peavy, tails is vox.

Ahahaha sorry about that But really, a coin flip? I should have thought of that before.
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
*disappointed face*
I actually got excited by the title. That probably shows that I spend too much time on UG.

The Classic30 is an AC30 clone. The AC15 is a bit more mellow than the Peavey. Both have enough wattage for gigging. They are similar amps, and it all really comes down to your preference. I strongly suggest that you try to play both, even though it may be hard.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Well the Peavey Classic 30 has been mentioned, like it always is.
The line 6/mg joke has been done.
I am suggesting valveking w/ new speaker and blackstar ht-5 w/ better cab.

There you go! This has successfully turned into the exact same "which amp" thread that is posted every few hours.

"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
I like which amp threads, they give me a reason to look at amps
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I'm completely split between these two amps... please help me here. What are the pros and cons of each? Anybody?
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
1) Classic 30 more headroom, cheaper in states, tweed is lovely
2) Vox AC15 less headroom (better or worse you decide), more expensive ( i think), 1 channel, no Fx loop/lines out (dunno about the C30 here)
But these posts are guides, you must play them, since they WILL sound very different (or should)
Alright, does anyone have any other amps I should look in to?
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
Well, I WOULD suggest saving up for the Randall RM22 coming out in the winter if you want supreme versatility...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I've Never Seen Any thread Ever.

Hey. You stole my joke. I will now sue you for emotional distress and racial discrimination. Blind is a race, right?
I would check out an Ampeg J20 if I were you. I have been mystified by this amp since i bought it. It is certainly loud as hell before it starts to break up, around 6 and 7 on the dial. Cheap too, as they were discontinued in July. Sam Ash has been selling them for $299 which is an insane deal on an amp which first listed at 850. You should be able to find one for around 450. Great, great amp.
1972 Fender Mustang
2000 Godin SD
Ampeg J20 Jet
Valveking 212
Barber Burn Unit
MXR Smart Gate
BYOC E.S.V. Fuzz
BYOC 10 Band EQ
Blind is not a race, obviously.
1972 Fender Mustang
2000 Godin SD
Ampeg J20 Jet
Valveking 212
Barber Burn Unit
MXR Smart Gate
BYOC E.S.V. Fuzz
BYOC 10 Band EQ
Quote by Bosswagon
Blind is not a race, obviously.

I beg to differ.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
They are both great amps, personally I'd go for the C30 because of the 2 channels but with the Vox you might be able to get some power amp distortion out of it which is great for classic rock (it's gonna be f*cking loud anyway, but it sounds great!).
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's