So, out of curiosity, was anyone else at Mayhem fest on August 8th...?

It was amazing, and in my personal opinion, Whitechapel and Godforbid totally destroyed the non main stagers. Unfortunately, I missed All that Remains....which sucked.
I went to the West Palm Beach one, but yeah, God Forbid and Whitechapel decimated everyone else, (except All That Remains, who did the best out of all the bands, IMO)

EDIT: Bullet and KsE did amazing too, I don't like slayer or Marilyn Manson, but I had to sit through both.

-_- Kerry King can shred, but all his solo's sound the same.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Last edited by MattAnderson111 at Aug 16, 2009,
I would have to completely agree with you on Slayer matt, and yea, Killswitch and Bullet were amazing. I went completely ape when they played Holy Diver...though I will say that Manson surprised me, alot. The Beautiful People was pretty awesome.
Manson did do good, i expected him to like, collapse, since his lungs are so ****ed up.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
I wanted to go, and had been talking about it a few months ago, but then i forgot when it was and ended up having to work...
A ton of people i know went though...
RevaM1ssP1ss
UG E-Vicar
RIP The Rev
One day Yugi will be mine

Schecter Synyster Custom
B.C. Rich KKV Signed By Kerry King
Schecter Gryphon
Ibanez RG240
POD X3 Live
Guitar Research T60R Tube
Line 6 Spider 3 150 Watt
Really? I used to be a Manson fan. His book was really interesting and the debut album was cool but then when eat me, drink me came out he started dressing really emo and using dozens of horrid effects and over processing his voice. I heard he even had the bassist on guitar. I was just really disappointed with him.
So that's really surprising.
Yea dude, Manson really brought it that night. Honestly I wasn't sure he'd hold his own, what with all the ridiculous metal bands that filled Mayhem Fest but, he did really good.

My neck and head was already aching, but I had no choice but to get moving when he played The Beautiful people for the last song.

And that sucks...brnd...it was a damn good show.
I was there, my God those Cannibal Corpse pits were insane. The Hot Topic was the best part of the festival IMO.
Quote by MattAnderson111
I went to the West Palm Beach one, but yeah, God Forbid and Whitechapel decimated everyone else, (except All That Remains, who did the best out of all the bands, IMO)

EDIT: Bullet and KsE did amazing too, I don't like slayer or Marilyn Manson, but I had to sit through both.

-_- Kerry King can shred, but all his solo's sound the same.
hey i was at that one too the hot topic stage was the best behemoth,cannibal corpse were awesome but that's really who i went to see oh yea and slayer too!
╔══╗╔══╦╗╔══╦╗═╬╔╦═╦══╗
║═╬╠╩╗╔╬╣║╔═╣╚╦═╬╣╚╬╗╔╝
║╔╗║║║║║║║╚═╣║║╔╣╠╗║║║║
╚╝╚╩╩╩╝╚╝╚══╩╩╩╝╚╩═╝╚╝╬
Quote by janneli561
hey i was at that one too the hot topic stage was the best behemoth,cannibal corpse were awesome but that's really who i went to see oh yea and slayer too!

hell yah they were ****ing awseome
i know satan personallly and he said the ugliest thing hes seen was you and yo mama
I was there. Amazing day, but it sucked that alot of the pits had people hardcore dancing in them.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
I went in philly, all of the bands were awesome, even the ones I didn't like... except Manson. He blew harder than an intern in the oval office.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by monkeysintheday
I went in philly, all of the bands were awesome, even the ones I didn't like... except Manson. He blew harder than an intern in the oval office.

Agreed It was the same in CT imo.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
I was at the one in Mountain View, CA and Manson kept fighting with the sound guy. He threw his mic at him a few times and got really pissed. Didn't look like he was having a good time.