my friend is offering to sell me one, but im not sure if i will ever need it, do most venues have p.a.s already ?
yeah but with a P.A system at your house, you will have a means to mic things and means to record with
yeah there isn't too much of a point in owning one.
It'd be good for the vocalist at band practice, but thats only if its big enough, how much does it cost?
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
you'll need it if you want vocals to be heard at band practices and its the optimal choice for using acoustic guitars. a lot of smaller venues will not provide PA systems. venues that rarely do shows will probably not provide one either. for $50, if its a usable PA then go for it.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
I agree, go ahead and get it, it may come in handy down the road. I try never to say "No" to REAL cheap gear. sometimes I just have to wait. Im waiting now for enough money to buy a Mesa.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Sunn?
Sunn's are pretty rare.I don't know about their P.A's but they're amps are well sought after.I wish I could get a P.A for $50.My band really needs one
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Dude $50 go for it
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Elaborate on P.A. system please. What exactly are you getting here for $50, a mixer, speakers, cables, mics? Or are you talking about something like just an active PA speaker.

Anyways, I agree that $50 isnt much assuming its not just a portion of a system. PA's are great with acoustics and also with multi-effects pedals like a digitech gnx4 or boss gt-10