I am an Intermediate and mostly into Metallica, Bullet for my Valentine kind of stuff.... I have saved some money and now desperately want to move ahead of my crappy les paul copy guitar ..(BTW I love les paul shape) ..

I have shortlisted ESP LTD EC-200QM and Cort EVL Z4 but having a tough time deciding between the two .. (Both are available only on order and thus I do not have the privilege of testing any)..

Please help for which guitar should I get ..??
i prefer esp but ive never tried the cort...

the esp played well and felt fairly nice
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
It's all up to you, really. You'll have to try them out.
“Baaaaabe,baaaaabe,baaaabe....”
~ Robert plant on being asked what his favorite food was

~ Robert Plant at his Grammy acceptance speech

~ Robert Plant all the time
Quote by williamdllr
i prefer esp but ive never tried the cort...

Illogical, Captain.

By mail order the Cort is likely to be better set up by all accounts. I have the K-6 and the attention to detail is brilliant in a medium-priced guitar.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I don't think it is right to compare K-6 with the Z-4 (K6 has active EMGs and Z4 has the passive ones) .. and pretty much double the cost compared to Z4 ..
Quote by shredderhappy
I am an Intermediate and mostly into Metallica, Bullet for my Valentine kind of stuff.... I have saved some money and now desperately want to move ahead of my crappy les paul copy guitar ..(BTW I love les paul shape) ..

I have shortlisted ESP LTD EC-200QM and Cort EVL Z4 but having a tough time deciding between the two .. (Both are available only on order and thus I do not have the privilege of testing any)..

Please help for which guitar should I get ..??

In my opinion, save up for a EC-400, since they have EMG 81/60 which is what Kirk and James use.
But my answer to your question, probably the LTD
Also, what amp are you playing through?
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
I am currently using Roland Cube 30 and zoom G2.1u .... I will upgrade each gear one by one ....
I bought all the gear when I didn't know I will be dedicated to playing or not ...
I was also thinking of EC-400 but that probably will mean waiting for one more month .. and I don't like waiting ..
I have heard that the neck on EC are thick .. is that true ..?
Quote by shredderhappy

I have heard that the neck on EC are thick .. is that true ..?

Not true. My friend has a epiphone les paul that has a much thicker neck than my EC. I have the EC200QM and it's great, I highly recommend it.
Corts, are excellent.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination