I've seen one of these for cheap,

I'm just wondering what people think of it, for metallica / metal

I really like the style / colour (wood?) of it, Would it be better than my GIO 170dx (it retails for around $1100 here in AUS, i'm thinking i can get it for around 500-600 i'm hoping,
Quote by BoL7z
I've seen one of these for cheap,

I'm just wondering what people think of it, for metallica / metal

I really like the style / colour (wood?) of it, Would it be better than my GIO 170dx (it retails for around $1100 here in AUS, i'm thinking i can get it for around 500-600 i'm hoping,

Man, i live in Perth and its about $1.1k here too.
I've seen -400 models new for about $1400
In my opinion, i would save up for a fx-400 ?
And it should be better than your ibanez.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
pickups are EMG ESP in the neck, and Dimarzio Evolution in the bridge.

just are thoes pickups any good?

EDIT: i can get it for around $700 i might try haggle a bit, but do you think that's worth it?
Last edited by BoL7z at Aug 16, 2009,
Can anyone help?

The guitar is a FX-260, Comes with stock pickup in the neck and a Dimarzio Evolution in the bridge, comes with hardcase and is around $700AUD (new is 1.1k)

also comes with hardcase need to get a reply on this asap, as i'm looking to get it soon
do it do it do it
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Only issue is there's a dint in the guitar I've asked for pics but i haven't got any yet,
What would be the things to look for when buying a used one? I hopefully get to have s closer look but what are some of the things I should look for?
how straight the neck is, condition of the hardware, any rust or cracks in the body,
frets, how bad they could be,
just general stuff,
if theres somethin you dont like then dont get it

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
i think that ding is a great way for you to save some money. something like that isn't a serious problem unless it really bothers you. plus, it's got a great pickup combo already in the guitar. i love this thing, go for it! HUGE step up from an ibanez gio too.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
It's a 2007 model

Here are a lot more pics tell me what you think

There appears to be a bit of rust on the pickup screws but that doesn't seem to bad, everything else looks good just needs some new strings

i love it. the wood grain looks great, the neck looks to be in decent shape... the hardware looks a little worn, but you might be able to clean that up a little. it even has locking tuners. one you see how easy it is to change strings with them you'll never want to go back to regular tuners! pick this up if you can, looks great to me! juts try to play it first to make sure the neck isn't warped and the pickups work and everything
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Gonna test it tommorow, how can i tell that the neck isn't warped?
that looks really good, those locking tuners are a real good add on, just get some new pups in it when its yours,

as for the neck just look right down from the head stock down the frets to the bottom of the neck, if it looks straight then go for it, if its slightly bent or iffy im sure a tech could sort it out right away, but that sounds like a great deal

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Also what would the Dimarzio Evolution bridge pickup be like for metallica / heavy stuff

I'll probably swap it out for a EMG or something tho
could do with swappin it for EMG's but going by your amp id say stick with passive pups,
unless you can deal with a "horrible" distortion tone till you get a new amp

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Yeah i'll prob swap the bridge for a EMG when i get my bugera 333XL later on in the year.

Should be a awesome setup by the end of the year
good stuff
but id go EMG 81 in the bridge and a EMG 60 in the neck
best combo imo

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
What would I use to clean it up fretboard etc I'll put some elbow grease into cleaning it and changing the strings
ive no idea on that, the shop where i get my guitars from do that, just look on a few websites or somethin

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Get to look at it in a few hours can't wait hopefully it's all good and i will get it
: