Well I'm thinking about getting this amp but I was wondering whether it can pull off Frusciante cleans and Slash tones. I also play Zeppelin sort of stuff but I think it could do that. My dream amp is a Marshall Silver Jubilee 2550 but that's like double the price of the Orange. I'm just asking because there is one for £550 2nd hand. Or should i just save money and get a Laney VC30 and an OD/Speaker & Tube change/Both?
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Last edited by ILiKePiNeAppLeS at Aug 16, 2009,
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Well I'm thinking about getting this amp but I was wondering whether it can pull off Frusciante cleans and Slash tones. I also play Zeppelin sort of stuff but I think it could do that. My dream amp is a Marshall Silver Jubilee 2550 but that's like double the price of the Orange. I'm just asking because there is one for £550 2nd hand. Or should i just save money and get a Laney VC30 and an OD/Speaker & Tube change/Both?

I think it does Frusciante cleans quite well, and it could cover Zeppelin type stuff. Slash tones I'm less sure about. You really need to try it out in a shop, even if you buy second hand.

Also talking of second hand, I've got one that I'd sell for about £520 if you wanted, it's less than 6 months old and it's basically in new condition!!

-Guy
http://www.facebook.com/someofusneverdie

Check us out, we'd really appreciate any feedback or support.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Yamaha RGX-A2
Orange Thunderverb 200H
Orange PPC412 Cab
- Woo!!
Boss TU-2, ISP Decimator, MXR Carbon Copy
I have a Rocker 30 that the other guitarist from my band uses. It can defiently do Frusice cleans and Zep overdrive. I don't play a lot of G'n'R, but I've had no problem getting a Slash tone out of mine.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Maybe the Orange AD30 would be more what you're after?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
Maybe the Orange AD30 would be more what you're after?

+1 the rocker 30 is a great amp, but for a bit more money, you could get the AD30, which is about 1000 times more versatile. But you should try them out if you can, before you but it.
Yeah the problem with the 2550 clone is it costs more and I would have to buy a cab too. And I'll have a look for a 2nd hand AD30 because £800 is too much.

And also to the guy who wanted to sell his, if it's the combo then maybe.
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
It would have no problem with frusciante cleans and Zep overdrive tones and Slashs rhythm tones should be no problem but for his lead tones you might need a bit of a kick from an OD pedal
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by ILiKePiNeAppLeS
Yeah the problem with the 2550 clone is it costs more and I would have to buy a cab too. And I'll have a look for a 2nd hand AD30 because £800 is too much.

And also to the guy who wanted to sell his, if it's the combo then maybe.

Check your pm's
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
It can do those tones very very well. Anything more and i recommend a fulltone ocd to boost it.
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by sharpant
It can do those tones very very well. Anything more and i recommend a fulltone ocd to boost it.
+1
Yeah well when my mum decides to give me the £200 she owes me back, then I think I'll look for it 2nd hand I have tried it before but the shop was shutting so I was just checking these things that I did'nt get time to try.
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab