i know EMG 81and 60 are great for metal but i also like to play alot of slash angus yong style stuff (classic rock to hard rock) aswell as metal can i expect a great tone or should i look elsewhere

thanks
I'd look elsewhere. A nice set of duncans, or even bareknuckles would suit you much better.
WTLTL 2011
Seymour Duncan is the way to go.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

EMGS will do what you want if you get the right amp settings. But i gotta say you might want to look at Gibson Pups or BKPs like said above, with Bare Knuckles get a set of Mules
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by Archieisted
i do still like playing metal alot but its really all rock

sounds like you would be better offwith a more versatile set of passives. maybe seymour duncan or dimarzio
Seymour's personal favorites Hot Rodded set with SH-2 Jazz model at the neck and SH-4 JB at bridge.
Or the Custom-5 model which came with my guitar. I originally wanted to replace it with the JB but decided not to. It rocks in it owns way
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Seeing as you are in the UK I wouldn't get Duncans. They are very expensive here. Instead I'd get a pair of Rock Monkey Pickups. They are baout the same price, handwound in the UK by Chris (CorderoyEW here). He has a 10% UG Discount too. I'm getting a pair from him soon!

I'd say a kit with a Warm Heritage in the bridge and a Smooth Heritage in the neck would work well.

If you're short on cash check out these. A Vemon in the bridge and a Condor in the neck would really well I'd say!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I would go for Seymour Duncans. JB/Jazz, Custom 5, '59, one of those.

Or you could consider the post above. :p
id get some Seymour Duncans, ice got 1 in mine and its great havnt tryed any others tho
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah