Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here could help me with a problem i'm having. Basically my amp is about 2 years old now, I think, and it's starting to screw up a little bit. The sound sometimes shorts out and it goes to a much lower volume and I have to turn up the volume to max to ''push it'' past a certain point so that it goes back to normal, doesn't always work either. Secondly, I usually have a lot of reverb on my amp and now this amp tends to sound incredibly bassy and I can't get it to not sound so.....bassy, for lack of a better term. Maybe it's just me going crazy and it's always been like this, I don't know, but it is quite frustrating because I cannot get the sound I want from it at all. I don't tend to use distortion that much either really so I'm not sure if I've blown the speaker or some other technical apparatus, but is this thing worth getting fixed?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
yup, let it die and buy a new amp (preferably a better one)
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

What more a reason does one need to buy a new amp

Let her rest in peice and get a new amp to replace it..

Gear

Tokai FA70 (My Korean ES-175)

Amplitube

Artisan 30 fund: £50/£1200
Lack of long term reliability is one of the reasons MGs are hated on UG so much. Marshall can change their appearance, add features, improve the tone, whatever, but until the reliability thing is fixed they will never be good amps.
yeah my one has an annoying fault where when i sit on it the volume cuts out but when i'm standing up, everything is fine
Quote by rorypearce
"Orange amp owners unite"?

......form of... Tiny terror

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
Quote by rorypearce
yeah my one has an annoying fault where when i sit on it the volume cuts out but when i'm standing up, everything is fine

Why would you SIT on your amp?
Quote by RDSElite
Why would you SIT on your amp?

where else would i bloody sit????
Quote by rorypearce

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
A chair?
Quote by TheWall27

Spot on, JWZ28, spot on.

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Blackstar HT-5
Framus 2x12
Quote by JWZ28
A chair?

my room contains no charis and my bed is really high up and almost impossible to play guitar on.
Quote by rorypearce

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
why not sell it before it dies?.. so you won't have a dead marshall in your room when you get a new one.. at least make some money from it to fund the new one..

i also own an MG50DFX.. although mine is still alive.. i've got to admit, it was the first amp i bought so i thought it sounded good.. wasn't active in forums and reviews back then so the name carried me to buying it..now that my search for tone widens and gets more specific, i do admit that it sucks.. probably a speaker change to help it bloom a little,, but for the overall cost, i could've bought a better amp if i knew..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R