I always wondered what this site had against the Line Six Spiders.
But yesterday I went to a Guitar Center for the first time and played one and wow they're hard to use, are they all like that? I tried a couple and all seemed very hard to use and made me flustered to the point where I just went to another amp.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
No.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

No. Tone is subjective, and Line 6 do make nice stuff other than the Spiders.
Eurgh ignorance much.

Although I have a spider, I'm pretty indifferent about it, as it does what i need it to.

But the other Line 6 amps (espeically the vetta and flextone) are extremly good.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
well, I've heard nothing but bad about the spiders, but also nice stuff about the Vetta and the Flextone (although more expensive...)
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Didn't have those, Actually I only played the spiders and one wich had a weird name, I'll try and remember it. My guitar Center doesn't have alot of Line Six for some reason.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Vetta, fx pedals, pods, flextones are all nice, the spiders 2 and 3 aren't that good, the spider 4 however is looking very promising though.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
Vetta, fx pedals, pods, flextones are all nice, the spiders 2 and 3 aren't that good, the spider 4 however is looking very promising though.

This, except you have no idea what the spider 4 sounds like because nobody has ever tried one.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Don't forget the HD147. Not to be confused with the HD150 (which is a big spider), the HD147, vetta, flextone and pods are pretty good. The spider valve is also decent
Last edited by ProgFolk12 at Aug 16, 2009,
The spiders are not that bad if your just starting off your band.
Good value.
I like the Vettas and Flextones... Not all Line 6 is bad... I mean, Marshall made the MG series, but they don't get as much **** because of that as Line 6 does for making the Spider series.
No. Line 6 makes good amps, for the most part.

The Spider Valve is... meh. It's better than the spider, but it's still kinda lackluster for the price.
Flextone is well worth the price. It's loud, sounds good, and has probably the most modelling power in its price range.
The Vetta is ****ing amazing. All I'm gonna say.
The HD147 is only good if you like high-gain tones, and a lot of them. If you DO, it's great.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
well, i honestly dont know. but i have heard so many bad things about the line6 spider III that i will never buy a line6 amp. it just got me scared
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
so many ppl buy spider IIIs because they look cool and are cheap, and vettas and flextones arent that widely available in most stores...valves are lovely though and are dropping in price very dramatically lately
Quote by Gryphon999
well, i honestly dont know. but i have heard so many bad things about the line6 spider III that i will never buy a line6 amp. it just got me scared

I bet playing a vetta will change your mind
well, i'll give line 6 one thing, ive never heard of one of their spiders breaking down.

but besides that, i loved the vetta i played. not much i can say about it besides their X3 multieffects and rackmount gear is sweet.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by ProgFolk12
I bet playing a vetta will change your mind

This man is correct.

I played one the other day and was absolutely amazed. Hard to use, but sounds absolutely incredible.

Shame they've ruined their reputation with sh*t Spiders really.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Same as Marshall's, they make generally fantastic amps, apart from MG's.

Line6 also make very good amps, apart from the spyders.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
They are 'fine' for someone just starting (spyder). Honestly, I'd rather get some peavey or crate at the pawn shop for <$40
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I think the Vetta is a fantastic amp, though I don't like the Flextone. The Spyder is dreadful.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Honestly, most people just hate on them cuz it's the "cool thing." I've played the spider II,III,valve, and can't say I totally hate all of them. don't like the II really but the III is mosdef better in terms of dynamics but not much, the valve is pretty good actually. vetta, flextone = good solid tool to help achieve new tones. the hd147 is good but sounds a bit rough and edgy to me.