new track up on my profile called erm ...demo. i haven't put a title in yet as i'm trying to find someone to record my lyrics for me. i ain't much luck on that so i may have to just leave it as it is. unless someone who reads this wants a shot.
i recorded it last week early in the morning i think i've done a good job, but i'll see what feed back i get first before i start playing to friends.
blah blah.........
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/metal105/

c4c as alwys
I'm not really sure why you called this 'eastern'. I'm not hearing any eastern influence in this. I can tell Metallica is a huge influence for you. The riffs in this are great. However, the leads are consisantly too quiet up until the solo. Did you have to copy Metallica to the point of the overdone wah during the solo though?

Overall it was a good thrash tune. Not amazing, but definately wasn't bad either.
Check out my band Disturbed
As soon as i saw all those metallica covers and kirk hammet picture i knew i was in store for disappointment.
But then i listened to it and it was pretty good.
Testament sounding riff.
You should add a little more variety into it though because like with most metallica songs i felt like i was listening to one riff throughout the entire song.
And thrash it up man. (+60 bpm)
i was really disappointed with that solo though.
I recommend you throw your wah down a well and record more of a skolnick/friedman type of solo.

edit: i took a look at your influences and i got the feeling that maybe you are in the beginning stages of the metal world.
and i can tell your riffs could more influencing and shaping for lack of better words.
you should check out these albums.
The Years of Decay - Overkill
The Legacy - Testament
The New Order - Testament
Killing is My Business and business is good - Megadeth
Peace Sells - Megadeth
Among the Living - Overkill
Alice In Hell - Annihilator
Hordes of Chaos - Kreator
Bonded by Blood - Exodus
Getting Heavier - Racer X
Speed Metal Symphony - Cacophony
Waking Into Nightmares - Warbringer
Angel Witch - Angel Witch
Holy Diver - Dio
Executioner - Mantic Ritual

Most of these albums are thrash / heavy metal / shred.
and all are regarded as legendary status classic albums / master pieces
so if you have the time.
just get some "peer2peer you know what" going on.
and give them a listen.
I'm certain you'll like at least 85% of them.
Last edited by xMetalCoreKingx at Aug 16, 2009,
lol i wasn't going for a metallica sound. i thought my main riif was like a slow lamb of god, i guess not eh? and the wah thing is to hide my lack of leads skills not to be kirk hammet.
the eastern thing is in the riffs the little lead thing in the verse bits.
ah crap!!!!
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx

edit: i took a look at your influences and i got the feeling that maybe you are in the beginning stages of the metal world.
and i can tell your riffs could more influencing and shaping for lack of better words.
you should check out these albums.
The Years of Decay - Overkill
The Legacy - Testament
The New Order - Testament
Killing is My Business and business is good - Megadeth
Peace Sells - Megadeth
Among the Living - Overkill
Alice In Hell - Annihilator
Hordes of Chaos - Kreator
Bonded by Blood - Exodus
Getting Heavier - Racer X
Speed Metal Symphony - Cacophony
Waking Into Nightmares - Warbringer
Angel Witch - Angel Witch
Holy Diver - Dio
Executioner - Mantic Ritual

Most of these albums are thrash / heavy metal / shred.
and all are regarded as legendary status classic albums / master pieces
so if you have the time.
just get some "peer2peer you know what" going on.
and give them a listen.
I'm certain you'll like at least 85% of them.

yeah cheers i'll take a listen.
I like this song. I'm not gonna lie, this could be a Metallica song if it had James Hetfield singing over it! And I mean that as a compliment - that's how much I like this song. The guitar tone is decent, could be better, but I've heard a lot worse on here. I like the bass tone, and the drums are pretty good as well, they fit the song well. I can see what you mean by the Eastern influence - it comes out in some of the riffs. I also like the way the lead guitar slots into the song - it's not overpowering, but it makes the song better. The solo was really well suited to the song as well. I think that if you could get a good vocalist then you'd make an excellent band.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1183409
Quote by dethofmoo
I like this song. I'm not gonna lie, this could be a Metallica song if it had James Hetfield singing over it! And I mean that as a compliment - that's how much I like this song. The guitar tone is decent, could be better, but I've heard a lot worse on here. I like the bass tone, and the drums are pretty good as well, they fit the song well. I can see what you mean by the Eastern influence - it comes out in some of the riffs. I also like the way the lead guitar slots into the song - it's not overpowering, but it makes the song better. The solo was really well suited to the song as well. I think that if you could get a good vocalist then you'd make an excellent band.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1183409

hell i wish i did have a band , but i'm all on my own writing songs posting on here to get some feed back waiting until one of my ads gets seen.
i'll email metallica see if they need another guitarist
i'm glad you liked it good to see a positive comment today. i mean bad ones are usefull but to write me off on using wah in my solo.sheez.