Page 1 of 2
I love playing the intro to stairway over and over just to piss the people at GC off. They're all a bunch of bastards. Smaller local shops ftw.

Edit: You daredevil!
V
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Aug 16, 2009,
I once played chopin's ballade no. 1 in G minor, op 23 even though the sign above the pianosection prohibited music composed by people from the 19th century and back. My heart kept beating for minutes afterwards.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
sweet child o' mine out of key ftw
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
The guitar shop where I live sucks cocks, you can't even play anything, and the people working there are huge assholes.
actually no but i have went into a gc played my name is mud and a drummer for across the area started playing the drums then a guitarist started in
I personally love grabbing the Hello Kitty guitar and playing Master of Puppets on it. LOL
i played seven nation army with the digitech whammy pedal then played stairway to heaven 3 octaves down
IAMREALLYCOOL
Quote by Kensai
I once played chopin's ballade no. 1 in G minor, op 23 even though the sign above the pianosection prohibited music composed by people from the 19th century and back. My heart kept beating for minutes afterwards.

AWESOME
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Kensai

Oh really? Well I once played Beethovens 3rd with just my left hand, and my left hand is missing 3 fingers. The store goers gave me a standing ovation. 19th century and back? Thats just about everyone except for Wagner. Who wrote for the nazis. So you are required to play nazi tunes in the piano section? Me thinks there is an white supremacist manager somewhere in this stew.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by Jake900210
I personally love grabbing the Hello Kitty guitar and playing Master of Puppets on it. LOL

I'm in florida and Im gonna go to the nearest Sam Ash (Clearwater) and do that!
2009 (Used, w/ Tex Mex pups ) MIM Strat
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Is AASing for Blackstar HT-5 head and speaker
Is GASing for Kramer Striker Custom w/o FR
I.. AM.. THE.....THREADKILLER!
Quote by VanTheKraut
Oh really? Well I once played Beethovens 3rd with just my left hand, and my left hand is missing 3 fingers. The store goers gave me a standing ovation. 19th century and back? Thats just about everyone except for Wagner. Who wrote for the nazis. So you are required to play nazi tunes in the piano section? Me thinks there is an white supremacist manager somewhere in this stew.

That would explain all the swastikas and skinheads. And why I couldn't play any scott joplin without hearing racial slurs.

Quote by ultimatedaver
And then it stopped?

Are you... dead?

Truth is... I never left that store... ಠ_ಠ
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Go In Act Interested In The Most Expensive Guitar In Store When They Almost Done With Paperwork Say "ah I Changed My Mind I Think Ill Order Online" That Really Gets Em Goin Hah
I think a fun day would be to do everything on the "Things Not to do in a Guitar Store" thread.

Yes playing crappy songs is fun to do.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Quote by IAMREALLYCOOL
i played seven nation army with the digitech whammy pedal then played stairway to heaven 3 octaves down

But the problem is that you can only drop 2 octaves with the whammy. Nice try though.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i hit on children just to see what they think of it

Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
When I went to my local shop a week or so ago, I played SCOM and some freakin weird dude came over and started f*cking singing to me. I laughed and left the store shortly after because I was scared.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by dhutton
what the hell is SCOM

serioulsy, i'm drawing a blank here

More like what the hell is SOTW?
Quote by Chromex

Smoke on the Water?
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by Chromex

Damn it you beat me to it...
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at Aug 16, 2009,
Quote by Dream Floyd
Smoke on the water dumbass

Play nice.

Quote by dhutton
smoke on the water, my question still stands though

Read the posts. Somebody already said it. Sweet Child O Mine
Last edited by StewieSwan at Aug 16, 2009,
Quote by VanTheKraut

Ever heard of Debussy?
Quote by Kensai
That would explain all the swastikas and skinheads. And why I couldn't play any scott joplin without hearing racial slurs.

Truth is... I never left that store... ಠ_ಠ

*insert generic film trailer voiceover here*
Quote by rorypearce
"Orange amp owners unite"?

......form of... Tiny terror

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
I had this awesome guiar battle with this guy testing a guitar on an other amp the other day. We ended up playing the most ridicolous and childish solo's we could think of.
Quote by StewieSwan
Play nice.

Sorry mom
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar
When I went to my local shop a week or so ago, I played SCOM and some freakin weird dude came over and started f*cking singing to me. I laughed and left the store shortly after because I was scared.

YOU GONNA GET RAPED!
Quote by drawnacrol
In my local guitar store their is a sign saying "Only steve Vai may play enter sandman"

I didn't know you were on UG.
no but i heard this like 10 year old kid playing iron man and smoke on the water non-stop cuz that's probably all he knew. it was annoying as hell
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Quote by Jake900210

i was going to learn some metallica anyway but thats just made me want to do it more
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
nobody's ever in my music store when i play so i guess if they hear someone play smoke on the water or something if its crappy or dead on they probably like it anyway
Quote by imdeth
The only grinding i want to do is to Napalm Death.
Quote by the humanity
you get humanitarian of the day award.
Quote by lespaul1216
no but i heard this like 10 year old kid playing iron man and smoke on the water non-stop cuz that's probably all he knew. it was annoying as hell

That crap is annoying lol... I mean those were some of the first things I learned too, but I never played them non-stop.
Page 1 of 2