Ok, here's my story...I used to play alot and fell away from it for awhile(5+ yrs). I recently got back to playing. I'm trying to build a good sounding versatile rig. I play a little of everything from Breaking Benjamin to Gov't Mule to Led Zepplin and everything in between. Right now I'm using a Gibson LP Studio Premium Plus(It has stock pickups right now but i'm thinking of having burstbuckers put in) and I just got a Vox ToneLab LE multi effects pedal. What would be a good versatile amp to go with this? I've been looking at Mesa Boogie (Either an old DC-5 or DC-10). but I'm not closed minded to anything. Thank you in advance for your advice.
Ive personally never used a DC-5 Mesa, But if you want a versatile amp you could check out vox amps.
R.I.P foREVer
Quote by Killswitch94
Ive personally never used a DC-5 Mesa, But if you want a versatile amp you could check out vox amps.

Wtf?

The DC-5 is a pretty decent amp, and you can find them very cheap, but I never liked mine much for mid-gain crunch tones.

With your Tonelab you've got all the versatility you need - I suggest you pick up a nice simple, single-channel tube amp which you can run clean/crunch and use the Tonelab for effects.

Have a look at the Traynor YCV50 Blue, Laney VC30, Hayden Mofo and Egnater Rebel 30.
Quote by kyle62

Have a look at the Traynor YCV50 Blue, Laney VC30, Hayden Mofo and Egnater Rebel 30.

+1

OP, how high does your budget extend? If it's over $1000 have a look into the Budda Superdrive series. If not, also check out the Peavey Classic 30, Traynor YCS 50, YCS 40/YCV 40, Mesa/Boogie F series, and the ENGL Thunders or Screamers.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Thanks for all the advice. I did wind up getting a DC-5 head. Can't wait to try it out. Unfortunatly I'm stuck in Iraq for the next month or so but I can't wait to get home and try out my new gear. Now I just need a cab to go with my head and I'll be set.