Hey guys. My dad is in Boston right now and on the 20th he will be going to New York. I want to buy a backup amp for around 200$ or less (Maybe if something is really good, then I will shell out some more cash).
I play Metalcore and a bit of Thrash and Death Metal. I use a Digitech RP250 processor if that helps.
Please suggest some great amps I can buy for the price I mentioned. I currently have a Line 6 Spider III 150Watt and an FBV Shortboard. So how are the Spider IV's ? Are they out in the market yet and how much do they cost?
My Guitar is a Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX. I will mainly use the amp for jamming, small school/college functions and practicing.
So I was considering the Peavey Vypyr 15w or 30w. also heard good things about the Blackstar, but I have no idea about what it is, how it sounds, how much it costs etc. Please help me out
Thank you.
Aditya sirjee...if you can push up your budget to 350 USD, get a B52 AT112. I know that would be tough, but try to do that.

Blackstars are supposed to be killer too, haven't had any experience with them.

But yes, Vypyrs and Roland Cubes are nice amps in your price range.

Srinivas

EDIT: Sell that spider and get some more cash, you'll probably have enough to get the B52.
Last edited by TubeAmp89 at Aug 16, 2009,
Quote by TubeAmp89
Sell that spider and get some more cash, you'll probably have enough to get the B52.

QFT, Sell the spider and you will be able to get nice tube amp, which will improve your sound tenfold.

But, if you don't want to do that.. The peavy's are meant to be ace..

Gear

Tokai FA70 (My Korean ES-175)

Amplitube

Artisan 30 fund: £50/£1200
Any amp with good volume should work great if you own a Digitech RP250. You should be able to get all your tone from that. Screw the brand names and just get the loudest one..... lol
What is the difference between the B52 AT-100 and AT-112 ? In terms of cost as well. And no i don't want to sell my Spider. Are the B52's much better than the Peavey Vypyr ?
YES B52s ARE THAT MUCH BETTER. The AT112 is a 112 combo. AT100 is a 100Watt head. Why don't you want to sell your spider? It doesn't sound even half s good as the B52.
Quote by Aditya_ram
What is the difference between the B52 AT-100 and AT-112 ? In terms of cost as well. And no i don't want to sell my Spider. Are the B52's much better than the Peavey Vypyr ?

AT-100 is a head and AT-112 is a combo. Vypyr is a Modelling amp and B52 is a tube amp. Tube amps usually sound better than modelling amps.
But how does it compare to the Blackstar HT-5 ? And are there any other Tube amps at the same price which are better (350$)
Blackstar is 5W. So not much headroom. For metal you want a tight tone, so more headroom. And I've heard that the Blackstar cannot keep up with a loud-as-fck metal drummer.
The B52 AT112 is 60W.