hi,
I have started rockschool grade 3 and i need to learn how to solo for each song. and i don't know how to solo.
Need help.
Thanks.
Isn't that why you're at a school which teaches you how to write and play with other musicians?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
rockschool is a grading system with exams so they don't teach you. I'm mostly self taught but i need to learn what key to solo in and how to solo and improvise
learn your minor pentatonics in E. start with first position.
then screw around with it untill you find some cool licks.
Learn solos that use the pentatonic scale, then use a couple of licks from each one and make up your own.

Practice, practice, practice.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster (1996, vintage white)
ESP Ltd EC-50 (2006, black)
The above is making the same point I'm goin to. Learn a whole bunch of simple(ish) rock solos (Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Creedence Clearwater, Chuck Berry are where I started) and from there you should pick up enough licks to clump together into a solo of your own. At first it won't be easy as your hands aren't used to playing solos (totally diffrent from riffing) but if you persevere you'll pick it up.

In time you'll figure out new and better licks but really the examiners for Rock School aren't expecting you to be Hendrix Mk 2.
Quote by Mohitrules
rockschool is a grading system with exams so they don't teach you. I'm mostly self taught but i need to learn what key to solo in and how to solo and improvise

Sounds like you're looking for affirmation from other people. Did you really need Rock School to tell you that you need to work on your soloing?

That said, learning to solo is like learning to write a song or learning progressions and how to put them together. Find a song you like with a basic solo, figure it out, play it until it's easy, move on to a tougher one. Same way you learned t play anything else as a self taught guitarist. That's what I did.

Go learn scales, man. Start with Pentatonic, go to major and minor, then learn how to apply them in different spaces on the fretboard.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you