I've had this pretty average acoustic for a few months now and I've had fret buzz on the low e for as long as I remember, it is strange because there is no fret buzz on any other strings just on the low e. It is extremely bad when fretting the first fret and it also can be heard whenever you fret anywhere else. How would I go about removing this fret buzz? Thanks.
Possibilities:
1. check the bow of the neck, if it isn't straight, adjust the truss rod.
2. if you are tuned to something lower than E standard you may need a higher gauge of string. (or you may have strings of too high of a gauge)
3. the nut is worn down and you need a replacement
4. it's just a shoddy guitar.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Out of those I would guess 4 but ummm, im always in E standard or drop D and I am using 10's. The nut isn't worn down from what I can see and it is a fairly new guitar and the bow of the neck looks straight to me but how would I go about checking it/straightening it? Thanks.
Quote by SPBY
Possibilities:

Thanks. This will help me as well. I have been having the same issue. =D
Quote by SPBY
Possibilities:
2. if you are tuned to something lower than E standard you may need a higher gauge of string. (or you may have strings of too high of a gauge)
3. the nut is worn down and you need a replacement
4. it's just a shoddy guitar.

That's not right. Your neck shouldn't be straight. It should be angled. Making it straight would make the buzz worse.

Use this buzz diagnostic to help you, TS.
http://frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzintro.html
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Thank you so much for that link, after going through it I think it probably is low action but how would I heighten the action on an acoustic then?
Raising the action is always a trickier affair than lowering. To lower, you can simply shave off the bottom of the saddle.

In order to raise, you have to first check and make sure your bow is right in the first place. If it's not, adjust and then see where your guitar's at. If that doesn't work, you'll have to use a shim to properly raise it. But if you need to do that, you might as well just upgrade saddles while you're at it. If you want to shim it, get a professional to do it since you need the proper materials. If you want to just replace it, you can probably do it yourself in most cases.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.