Okay my friend wants to buy a marshall head,He wants the vintage or the JCM800 one
And i wounder which one is the hard rock/metal sounding one

He cant really try them since we dont have them in this contry,Anyho hes guitar idols are Slash Zakk wylde
And from what i know zakk uses mostly the JCM and slash uses the Vintage most of the time.

Can anyone tell me whats the diffrents between them?,And which one you'd choose and why?.
You'd want a JCM 800, but it'd have to be the 2210 if you want cleans.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
SLASH USES A JCM 800. If you want a more metal sound, then go with the JCM 900.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar

That helps because I don't know much about the JCMs.
How does a JCM 2000 compare to the 800 and 900?
Quote by IdntNedUrCvlWar

crikey. Slash rarely uses a JCM 800. He has one as a backup amp in his main rig and he has used them for ever-so brief spells live when he otherwise couldnt use the amps he wanted to. Check out the Ritz 88 gig - this was after SIR studios took the Caswell #39 mod amp off him but before he got a load of silver jubilees... and his tone isnt the greatest with the 800 (its still Slashy but that is because tone is in the fingers)

Slash as we know and love him uses Silver Jubilees and for appetite used the modded marshall 1959. He has started using Vintage Moderns but they dont sound too hot.

Check out these:

Slash on Vintage modern:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTe-ZRwnoxo

Slash on JCM800: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd9NauZpLbs

I do actually agree that the 800 is the better option here, and it does get a very Slash like tone... I was just disagreeing with the false but forceful statement that he uses 800s. Geek time over ...
^Actually, in addition to #39, he supposedly used one for recording. And it's still one of his studio amps.

Although, I don't know why i ran a long with that "Slash uses one" comment for so long. I know what he uses, I know about the Caswell modified Superlead.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Duh.

That's an actual tonal description. "More modern" isn't referring to the fact that it's a later model.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Aug 17, 2009,
I liked the VM. it does not have lots of knobs it's got like 8. I think the 800 is the better option here.

btw the VM is not all that modern voiced it's more like a plexi/800 with more gain
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Raijouta
You'd want a JCM 800, but it'd have to be the 2210 if you want cleans.
I don't agree with this.
2205s tend to break up too early to get real cleans. I have a 2210 and it still breaks up pretty early, I have to be careful and pick lightly at band level volumes, and make sure the master volume is up but the clean channel volume is turned low.

2203 and 2204s have one channel that you have to crank. You can clean up your signal by rolling back on the volume. Doesn't sound as good as just setting the amp to clean, but it works.
Last edited by cutslikedrugsx at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by forsaknazrael
It's fairly fizzy, IMO. didn't like the OD on it at all.

I got it turned up a fair but and I liked it quite a bit. but maybe it was just me. it was a while ago
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era