i wanna change out the stock pick-ups in my ibanez, wanted to know how you guys felt about the dimarzio pick-ups, and if this is something i should take to a shop to get done.
dimarzio's are ok, they don't sound much different than stock pickups in my experience with them... they're a little bit clearer with the lower notes, but that's about it, tone is pretty much the same. I'd pay a little extra and go active if your going to tune to anything below B.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
i got the pro distortions on my jackson. theyre nice and tight. like mentioned above, the low stuff isnt muddy. i like em

edit: i did the pickup switch myself, cuz i have a saudering gun. but i also scalloped my own neck too. too each his own i guess. pickup swap isnt hard..

PSN: reldask
Last edited by reldask at Aug 16, 2009,
Quote by SPBY
dimarzio's are ok, they don't sound much different than stock pickups in my experience with them... they're a little bit clearer with the lower notes, but that's about it, tone is pretty much the same. I'd pay a little extra and go active if your going to tune to anything below B.

I used to play actives in my 7 strings. VERY limited in headroom and sound very bland without the right amp.

Dimarzios are my fav. Duncans are pretty muddy.

Lul, don't sound much different then the stocks pickups. Get a ****in ear.
Quote by xSacrilegex
I used to play actives in my 7 strings. VERY limited in headroom and sound very bland without the right amp.

Dimarzios are my fav. Duncans are pretty muddy.

Lul, don't sound much different then the stocks pickups. Get a ****in ear.

i have a great ear for music, i'm just not going to over hype them because i bought them.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY

thats the thing im worried about. i cant find any pick-ups that are being played on the net in low tuning , i dont wanna spend money on stuff i cant hear. active is the name of the pick ups?
Get some Bareknuckles. They eat DiMarzios for breakfast.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by dogtags99
thats the thing im worried about. i cant find any pick-ups that are being played on the net in low tuning , i dont wanna spend money on stuff i cant hear. active is the name of the pick ups?

active means that the pickup needs at least one 9v battery to operate. they are generally more clear than passives but some people think they sound sterile (toneless). I love the sound of EMG's, so i would suggest getting EMG 707's.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400