Well, I've decided I really want a Strat. They play like a dream. Now, I don't have the excess funds for a really high end one; but I feel the Standard will be sufficient.

Now, what's the difference between the triple single coil, or the HSS?

And, while I'm at it, is it a good guitar for the $500 I'll spend? I liked how it played, from what I could tell.
Quote by Grindar
Said "mmmmgrbllll?", and proceed to fornicate with the omelets.

Quote by magnus_maximus
I don't know whether to laugh, cry or ejaculate.
The HSS has a humbucker in the bridge. IMO, it's not a strat without 3 SC's, but whichever fits your style better, get.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Mainly, Punk to Metal. I've got my other guitar for the deeper tunings/therefor the heavier songs. So the Fender will probably be dedicated mostly to the Punk/Classic Rock.
Quote by Grindar
Said "mmmmgrbllll?", and proceed to fornicate with the omelets.

Quote by magnus_maximus
I don't know whether to laugh, cry or ejaculate.
Quote by TwilightX
Mainly, Punk to Metal. I've got my other guitar for the deeper tunings/therefor the heavier songs. So the Fender will probably be dedicated mostly to the Punk/Classic Rock.

in that case i would go for the SSS
Quote by TwilightX

Go with the HSS then

Edit: ^ awesome, the Humbucker in the bridge adds needed umph when playing punk or classic rock, if he needs a single coild sound he has the middle.
Quote by stephen_rettie
Go with the HSS then

Edit: ^ awesome, the Humbucker in the bridge adds needed umph when playing punk or classic rock, if he needs a single coild sound he has the middle.

true, but IMO i like the bridge pick up for punk rock type thing and
Quote by stephen_rettie

the Humbucker in the bridge adds needed umph when playing punk or classic rock, if he needs a single coil sound he has the middle.

this
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Quote by -Blue-
Play both. Whichever bridge pickup type you like better, get that.

no, this!
Well if you go for the HSS you've got more versatility. Screw the buggers who say a real strat is one with single coils, maple necks and mia..

Although I am partial to Strats with maple necks over rosewood..