No one seemed to really respond much to my thread yesterday about my tube tap test not really having any results but...

if i take out all my tubes out and reapply contact cleaner on them and install them again...could it stop the white noise im getting? or replace the first preamp tube with a different preamp?

or what about the tubes being biased too hot? can that cause unwanted feedback?

im just asking since i tapped each tube with a pencil while the amp and cba were hooked up, yet i heard no noise or ringing...

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Your question isn't very specific. Are you getting microphonic or just white background noise? The latter isn't uncommon with high gain heads.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
If a tube was microphonic the tapping should've made noise when struck. You may simply have a noisy tube (degraded not microphonic). Unfortunately without spare tubes to swap out, it'll be hard to pin which one is bad.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
If a tube was microphonic the tapping should've made noise when struck. You may simply have a noisy tube (degraded not microphonic). Unfortunately without spare tubes to swap out, it'll be hard to pin which one is bad.

well, i have 3 replacement 12AX7's. and its white noise, but not normal feedback. Theres good feedback (or common feedback with tube amps) and bad feedback.

this feedback is exceptionally loud, i eman it isnt the common hum you might get with an amp such as a 5150, its like *Casssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsizzlesizzle*

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
no, its actually not that...so i guess my tubes aren't micrphonic whew!

it is a more fizzy, noisy feedback sound. possibly in need of a noise suppressor, BUT...

it didnt make that noise when i first got the amp, or afgter i put the tubes in. it was fine one night, and the next day sounded crappy.

maybe my bias is off, idk. but it really sucks.

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Are you near any electronic devices? Standing closer to the amp? DO you have ****ty wiring in your house? Got any fluorescent lights?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Are you near any electronic devices? Standing closer to the amp? DO you have ****ty wiring in your house? Got any fluorescent lights?

the wiring should be fine, no fluroescents, stadnign where ive always stood, and the amp is plugged into an outlet that my ipod is in...this is the device that plays the music i cover

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Try moving your IPOD to a different outlet. I don't think you have power supply filter cap issues because what you're describing is higher in frequency than the 120HZ rumble you'd here with bad caps. I don't think output tube biasing could cause it either.
**** I just noticed that you have a DSL Marshall! Doesn't that come with some digital effects? There could be a problem with that circuitry as it operates in higher frequencies and often generates other signals like clocks. This may be time for a tech to check it out.
Moving on.....
the marshall has no digital effects "on-board".

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I think you're thinking of the MG xD.

I have a similar problem with my Fender Blues Jr. I wanna use it for cleans and solo tones but with my Tubescreamer it's just so loud and crackly and annoying! I think it might be the same problem.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
but im not using a Tubescreamer, and i haven't even been able to test my MXR in the effects loop because my other cable is dead I believe. So I'll have to go out and get one of those, and probably a new speaker cable for my cab.

Is there any chance that the feedback could be from a faulty cab>amp cable or the cab speakers themselves?

I have been wanting a cab with V30's whether it be Marshall, Mesa, Avatar...etc. This is just getting so frustrating and expensive.

All i hear on here is about people buying new amps, going home and having them play wonderfully! no feedback issues, nothing.

I suppose i can test out the head on my friends Orange 1x12, and if it has no REALLY loud feedback, i'll know it's my cab.

I really am pissed though. I spent $30 on a new cable, $85 on the MXR, $115 on the new tubes, etc. I just wish there was a damn quick fix.

I look at videos like this and think i'll never experience tone like it. (may not seem the best, but i like it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1cuYGWK3sM&feature=PlayList&p=E74ADBFA6BA9EF4B&index=4

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
make sure the impedance is the same from your cab to his cause from a 5150 cab (im assuming 4x12) to an orange 1x12 it might be different
~Defiant~
alright, i'll be sure to check that

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables