Page 1 of 4
I'm glad to live in the United States!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I buy my music anyway.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
now that is royally wank!!! its not like the film/songmakers reeeally need the money!
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
Quote by I.O.T.M
I buy my music anyway.

Hey, someone who buys their music who didn't try and bitch at everyone in this thread who just downloads it, or tried to tell everyone they should buy music instead of stealing it, because it's illegal blah blah blah

I like you.
Quote by thrash-it-up
now that is royally wank!!! its not like the film/songmakers reeeally need the money!

I abhor this line of thinking. 'It's not as if Metallica need any more money' - there are plenty of full time musicians who just about get around by their income, and this is actually the majority of full time musicians. They would need the money.

Anyway, the bill doesn't look too bad to be honest. I don't think this will affect that many people at all.
Quote by identityxcrysis
Hey, someone who buys their music who didn't try and bitch at everyone in this thread who just downloads it.

I like you.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by identityxcrysis
Hey, someone who buys their music who didn't try and bitch at everyone in this thread who just downloads it.

I like you.

Friend.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Lily Allen, the singer, has also criticised illicit downloading, saying: “If what the consumer wants is good music, then they are going to have to start paying for it.”

i guess no one will buy her music then
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

Where no-one is prosecuted for file sharing...

...err.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
hah, in my local library you can lend cd's too... And there's a great, big collection of cd's, of almost all genres...
you get my point I guess
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Last edited by poipoi at Aug 16, 2009,
lol lilly allen "if people want good music they will have to start paying for it"
shes gunna be brroooke
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Where no-one is prosecuted for file sharing...

...err.

Barely ever. I'm pretty sure they've tried to crack down on it, but it ended up being nothing more than a few people getting notices that if they keep doing it their Internet will be cut off.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I disagree fully with the idea that i should be forced into paying to see art. Nothing can stop file sharing.
However, a Department for Business spokesman denied that Lord Mandelson’s change of heart was influence by his acquaintance with David Geffen, the Hollywood mogul who is a leading critic of illegal file-sharing, with whom he dined last week while holidaying in Corfu at a villa owned by the Rothschild banking family.

Yay for impartial law-makers.
Last edited by blue_strat at Aug 16, 2009,
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Barely ever. I'm pretty sure they've tried to crack down on it, but it ended up being nothing more than a few people getting notices that if they keep doing it their Internet will be cut off.

There have been thousands of prosecutions in the USA for file sharing.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Thousands, despite the many many millions of songs illegally downloaded across the country.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Alright, I'll admit defeat. You're right.

does this mean I have to go back to copying cds for my mates, while they copy all theirs for me?
i thought that died in the 90s

they'll ban blank CDs next

god i hate our government
Quote by Serg1
Question in relation to this..if you use a proxy can they still see you downloading?

Your fate would lie in the hands of whoever's proxy you're using.
Quote by Craigo
I abhor this line of thinking. 'It's not as if Metallica need any more money' - there are plenty of full time musicians who just about get around by their income, and this is actually the majority of full time musicians. They would need the money.

Anyway, the bill doesn't look too bad to be honest. I don't think this will affect that many people at all.

Well tbh, its not like the bands make much money from selling records anyway. Its the record labels that are losing out, which is kinda bad i know a couple indie labels have gone bust but the major labels are seemingly doing fine.

And yeah, this doesnt look bad. They'll warn the most serious offenders? I hear all the time about people who have several terrabites of downloaded music/movies so its not like me who might occasionally download an album here or there will be affected.

Plus i use spotify 99% of the time now anyway...
Oh... this story again?

Doesn't this story pop up every few weeks or so in various forms?
Haven't they already tried this?

And I remember reading an article that said that illegal downloading had actually increased music sales, I'll have to try and find the source.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

May I ask why? The governments taking away our rights day by day and we are also in danger of getting prosecuted for the same thing as well.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Haha, this is mostly, if not completely, unrelated but:

Just as I was reading that, there was a knock at the door from a couple of coppers - I thought 'that was quick'

They were after someone else though
This is a good thing!

Now Lars Ulrich will be able to afford his gold-plated fish tank!
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by urbanfox
Oh... this story again?

Doesn't this story pop up every few weeks or so in various forms?

Yep. Technology moves far too fast for legislators. By the time they figure out a way to police this the method they are policing will be obsolete.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
“If what the consumer wants is good music, then they are going to have to start paying for it.”

I didn't realize that the government owned a form of art.
1 in 12 of he population! Wow I think I speak for everyone when i say PWNED!
Quote by RyanGillam
You got to admire people that share their problems over the internet.

Quote by Våd Hamster
....You need a girlfriend whose name doesn't end in .jpg >_>
"serial abusers of the internet"

i lol'd.
On the topic of whiney singers.

Quote by elliott FTW
But not Robb Flynn, he has epic vocal chords (they're made from barbed wire and gaffer tape).

Page 1 of 4