I have a Boss noise suppression pedal that is less than a year old. Last time I went to play something broke. Whenever the pedal is on it mutes all sound.Doesn't matter where I put the selector switch. I don't see anything wrong with the pedal visually and it worked fine the time before. Is it worth taking back to Guitar Center to see if they will replace it?
Ihor

<current gear>
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
PRS SE Custom 22
Washburn D10SK Acoustic
Peavey XXX Super 40
Boss NS-2, TU-2, MT-2, DS-1, SD-1
ha tht or stick with a broken pedal, get a decimator
i LOVE taylor swift...oyes in a creepy way
U mussta ****ed it up coz boss pedals are built like tanks!
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Sent it back to Boss. The fixed it under warranty. A month later it is doing the same thing. I might take it apart and mess with it. In the mean time, any other good noise gates worth looking at?
Ihor

<current gear>
PRS SE Custom 22
Washburn D10SK Acoustic
Peavey XXX Super 40
Quote by silver93t
Sent it back to Boss. The fixed it under warranty. A month later it is doing the same thing. I might take it apart and mess with it. In the mean time, any other good noise gates worth looking at?

You realize that if its still under warranty taking it apart voids your warranty, right?

Also, this is a dumb questions but are you sure its not set to "mute"?

Aside from that, look into the MXR Smart Gate or the ISP Decimator if you're looking for a pedal.
Yes I understand that. Warranty was up last month. Maybe they will still cover it since it broke again so quickly. Its not set to mute. It worked fine. I was playing and adjusted the level on one of my other pedals, tried to resume playing but all sound as muted. Its not set to mute, but the pedal behaves as it is. All the lights are on when the pedal is activated and there is no sound. When I turn the pedal off I get sound.
Ihor

<current gear>
PRS SE Custom 22
Washburn D10SK Acoustic
Peavey XXX Super 40
Last edited by silver93t at Nov 13, 2009,
why dont u go to a store and see how it works in store so u can copy the settings.. or give it to a guitar player mate to fiddle with
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
Its not the settings. Its like the pedal gets stuck on mute, even though I never use the mute feature. Even with the level and decay knobs turned all the way down it is stuck to mute whenever it is on. Its definitely something with the pedal as I didn't change a thing on it. It just crapped out the same way they it did last time. The pedal was secure in the pedal board. I didn't stomp on it or even drop it. Boss said they replaced some component last time but didn't specify what it was exactly.
Ihor

<current gear>
PRS SE Custom 22
Washburn D10SK Acoustic
Peavey XXX Super 40