Does anyone here have social anxiety?

I think I do. I get so anxious around people sometimes for no reason.
I'll be having a conversation with someone or be sitting in a lecture and will all of a sudden get insanely anxious.-To the extent that i'll literally start shaking and my palms start sweating like crazy. My pulse also go's racing and I have to leave the room. I cant control it.
Also, when i'm walking in a shopping mall it happens as well. One moment i'm fine and the next I get so anxious around all those people.. I know its irrational-but I cant control it.
How do I stop this shi*? Ive been like that since primary school.
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
have a wank in front of everyone, that will cure you.
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
i dont have an anxiety problem around people. im just really shy around new people and people i dont get along with.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Eh... you sure you're socially anxious and not just... having parkinsons?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i used to be really shy but not to this extent. the biggest help to me was to remember that acting confident gets ppl to think that youre a confident person. when this happens i was always in a comfortable place and truly became confident, not just pretending.
A man, a woman, and a bad musician walk into a bar...

Lady GaGa orders a beer.
i get that sometimes, but not as bad as you. i'm pretty shy and whenever i wanna say something to a stranger i always wanna say it, but can't for some reason. as if something is holding me back
Quote by Fenderhippie69
i dont have an anxiety problem around people. im just really shy around new people and people i dont get along with.

Its not that Im anxious all the time. But it just happens suddenly sometimes. Its brought on by being around people.
Like, I can be fine at a party for hours, and then suddenly get anxious
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
i hate everyone i see in the street for no good reason... so i get anxious through that.

anyone else feel like that though? people youve NEVER seen in your life before, and you just god damn well hate them
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
Quote by Jacek.W
Does anyone here have social anxiety?

I think I do. I get so anxious around people sometimes for no reason.
I'll be having a conversation with someone or be sitting in a lecture and will all of a sudden get insanely anxious.-To the extent that i'll literally start shaking and my palms start sweating like crazy. My pulse also go's racing and I have to leave the room. I cant control it.
Also, when i'm walking in a shopping mall it happens as well. One moment i'm fine and the next I get so anxious around all those people.. I know its irrational-but I cant control it.
How do I stop this shi*? Ive been like that since primary school.

Really man? Really?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by sylphin
i hate everyone i see in the street for no good reason... so i get anxious through that.

anyone else feel like that though? people youve NEVER seen in your life before, and you just god damn well hate them

yep, im like that, even though this is a village and there isn't as much people here as..a town, i still think most people are twats, too self conscious or whatever.
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
My social anxiety is the biggest thing holding me back. No job, no girlfriend, no friends, no car, all because I need the initiative. Though, I'm going to college and happy about that.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Yep, I've been there.
On second thought, maybe busking's not the best idea.

rofl

but yeah its weird as hell! i guess you coud say i hate people in general.
*slits wrist*

ah crap i just became and emo didnt i....

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
I have social anxiety (that was diagnosed by a doctor) to the point I used to puke every morning because I had to go to school and I was so nervous..

Just be glad it's shaking and sweaty palms and not getting sick.
I used to have it pretty bad. Now it's not so bad, but I still get really nervous around people I don't know at all and when I'm with 1 person I know.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Occasionaly I do get a little anxious. For me, it's mostly when I have to talk to a group of people and some of them I don't even know that well. I'm good with one on one conversations, but when you start adding 3 or 4 people, I do tend to get a little anxious.
Quote by Dog--
I have social anxiety (that was diagnosed by a doctor) to the point I used to puke every morning because I had to go to school and I was so nervous..

Just be glad it's shaking and sweaty palms and not getting sick.

That must have been brutal, I find it hard to deal with just having the whole shaking, sweaty palms, etc. stuff.

I don't have many problems with people I know well, but whenever I meet someone new I get really anxious and sweat like crazy. I find it's easier to deal with talking one on one with a new person, but being in a group of new people is almost unbearable.

I don't have the hatred for every new person I see, but some just piss me off for some reason(usually if they come across as cocky, but then again, who doesn't hate cocky people?)
Quote by patbuck2
Occasionaly I do get a little anxious. For me, it's mostly when I have to talk to a group of people and some of them I don't even know that well. I'm good with one on one conversations, but when you start adding 3 or 4 people, I do tend to get a little anxious.

This is how it is for me, too. I don't do well with meeting new people unless it's one on one.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
I have some social anxiety, mainly because of my lonely, hermit lifestyle . I manage to break out of it when I was 19, I worked in a sales job which forced me to try and talk to people. It worked wonders but once I quit that job, I retreated back into my shell.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you... - Abomino Aetas
I get it too. People will even notice that my hand starts shaking when I'm talking to a lot of people, really sucks.

Neil Young has said that he's like that too. It has nothing to do with being shy, our brain just works that way.
How do you solve it? Same way as me.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
i got a friend who has it. weed helps. alot.
god loves the working man. unfortunately, that puts me in deep crap.

you sir, may c*m blood, but i sh*t diamonds, guess which is more painful. especially after curry.

+ =
i like to get mind wastedly drunk so i can get away with saying or ding whatevers on my mind, and then the next day can just say "i was wasted so i dunno wtf i was doin"

that helps >.>

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser