hello im getting a new guitar for my birthday but i dont really know what too look for ive got a budget of 600$ and ive been playing for 2 years now wich in the last i went to music school/academy im intometal and soloing but i want a guitar wich stil allows me to do other things
Almost any Les Paul but an Epi. Burny ones are nice.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by stephen_rettie
what styles?
what amp?

and was it perchance... Power Chord academy?

nope they touhgt me the entire first position and the strandard notation for it and all sorts of various chords like Am,e ano so kinde tha basic ones no barrechords(bad english here)
if you want our help as mentioned above we need to know what you play and what you are going to be playing it through.
seeing as you are new it might pay to know that this would be better suited in the electric guitar forum, or accoustic forum. if you want to ask anything about amps or pedals it is suited to guitar gear and accesories forum.
I like hollowbodies, so I would suggest a Grestch G5120 Electromatic Hollowbody Electric Guitar ($700 A little over...). If you like a silid body guitar I would suggest a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top($550), or a Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS. ($500)

Out of every guitar I own I prefer these.
You could find a nice Schecter for under 600. Some of their newer models are pretty sick. And they sound great through almost anything. Reasonably versatile as well.
so know 2 years later im looking for a new guitar again
things i play (or atleast try): paul gilbert ,arch enemy, all that remains, all shall perish, sylosis but i also get enjoyment from clean stuff
amp: marshall haze combo 40watt
Quote by MrTshoff
You could get a sweet agile les paul

i dont really like the neck of les pauls to thick
Used gibsons. Ltd vipers, used eclipses,
If possible you can get a used bc rich kfk, those will completly destroy a schecter. Id invest in a good amp first though.
Quote by guitardWARf
i dont really like the neck of les pauls to thick

They dont ll have the profile of gibsons. They actually have slim necks. its worth checkin out. And they have things like the septor and interceptor and reaper which are all great guitars
Look at a few Ibanez RG's and some Jacksons (Dinky's, Rhoads etc) and a few LTD's those will handle what your after
Quote by seemeel
He needs a new amp. Definitely. The Spider IIIs are potentially the worst sounding amplifiers you can buy.
I am not sure what guitars are available where you are (Belgium) but an Epi LP is your best bet. They are a great quality guitar, very versatile and for very reasonable prices and you get a lot of guitar for what you spend. The next choice would be Schecter, Schecter makes awesome guitars for really reasonable prices a $600.00 Schecter guitars are better than most guitars costing over $1000.00. I do not know if you want active or passive pups but the Epi Prophecy line are some of the best LPs I have ever played period!

John
Quote by losing battle
Used gibsons. Ltd vipers, used eclipses,
If possible you can get a used bc rich kfk, those will completly destroy a schecter. Id invest in a good amp first though.

I dont know bout the amp its a marshall so I think its pretty decent...
That's so annoying people telling him to get a new amp first. He's been playing for 2 years and he may be still a bedroom guitarist. In that case he may not need or want a tube amp he'd have to turn up to make sound good. But he may want a new guitar.

People here KILL me. lol I find it hilarious that most people on here want the same rigs their favorite bands are using on stage in front of thousands of people in their bedrooms.
Owkay i need to clear things up a little im asking again NOW ive been playing for almost 5 years by now. This thread is old but i didnt want to flood the forum with a new thread.
So what guitar?
Playing for almost 5 years
My amp: marshall haze combo 40 w tubes
like: paul gilbert
All that remains
arch enemy
all shall perish
buckethead
but i like clean stuff to
preferrably a bodyshape that allows me to play seated.
May be a used guitar
thin neck
passive electronics
low action
Quote by guitardWARf
Owkay i need to clear things up a little im asking again NOW ive been playing for almost 5 years by now. This thread is old but i didnt want to flood the forum with a new thread.
So what guitar?
Playing for almost 5 years
My amp: marshall haze combo 40 w tubes
like: paul gilbert
All that remains
arch enemy
all shall perish
buckethead
but i like clean stuff to
preferrably a bodyshape that allows me to play seated.
May be a used guitar
thin neck
passive electronics
low action

Look at some Ibanez guitars (RG models). They all have thin necks, passive electronics, and the action is pretty much up to you. If you want some REALLY good deals on used guitars, go to www.used.guitarcenter.com . I love that place. Check it out.