As an absolute beginner, is there anything you think I should buy from musiciansfriend.com while they have the August Sale going? I appreciate your suggestions.
a spare set of strings, strap, plenty of different picks, a cloth, if you use a strap some strap locks will not be a bad idea.
Quote by britishsligean
a spare set of strings, strap, plenty of different picks, a cloth, if you use a strap some strap locks will not be a bad idea.

This.

Extra guitar cables as well if there is a deal on them.

Annddd...find some cool little toys that could make learning funner? lol. I remember i bought a slide when i first started and i sucked at it for a month straight, but had a blast with it.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by DV8R
Any toys you can think of? Maybe a metal pedal or something? I don't know what I would look up for one of those tho.

An MT-2 into a spider. No, maybe this and then get some ear plugs as well . Just make sure you have lots of picks n leads, try all different brands of equipment as well, see what seems good to you.
get a capo aswell , you will probaby never use it but still its cheep
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
^^ Oh yeah, you probably will use it, make sure you get one that fits all necks though, not the annoying Jim Dunlop style ones that only fit on certain necks or frets