View poll results: which one?
Steve Vai Jemini Distortion Pedal
5 38%
overdrive pedal (recs plz?)
7 54%
neither is worth it
1 8%
Voters: 13.
i want to get a steve vai jemini dist pedal, but everyone says that it's just a normal distortion pedal and overdrive pedal in one, and since i already have a distortion pedal, i could get a overdrive for a cheaper price. so should i get the jemini, or is buying a overdrive pedal a much better choice?

and for a fact i dont have a amp with gain so i dont have an overdrive function
i think you should buy a tubescreamer or fulltone ocd those are one of the best overdrive pedals...

steve vai pedal is good, but i think its quite expensive, but these overdrive pedals are pretty expensive too...
if you want a cheaper overdrive then go for boss sd-1.
but if you can afford the steve vai pedal, then go for it.
The Jemini just tries to be a Boss DS-1 and Ibanez TS808 in one pedal.

What amp do you have, and what kind of distortion/OD are you looking for?
well first of all, the jemini will NOT give you the "classic Vai" tone that everyone thinks it will.

it's a solidly built pedal, but remember, both sides of the pedals are hardly any different from each other, it's not two totally different pedals in one. they both sound just about the same. one is a little less bright, the other is a little less harsh but warmer. you could have probably EQ'd your way to both the different tones.

for a nice boost or overdrive, it's a nice pedal, but there are nicer pedals for alot less out there.

oh yeah, ive owned it for about 5-6 months now.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
well first of all, the jemini will NOT give you the "classic Vai" tone that everyone thinks it will.

That coming from a $1,400 Carvin Legacy half-stack.

Or two.

With a Fender combo thrown in for diversity.

Plus his Ibanez JEMs.
Quote by blue_strat
That coming from a $1,400 Carvin Legacy half-stack.

Or two.

With a Fender combo thrown in for diversity.

Plus his Ibanez JEMs.

NO, no, and

NO

not to be rude, but you're an idiot.

The classic Vai i'm referring to is the passion and warfare tone.

That was recorded almost completely with a modded marshall, and a charvel, with his ibanez universe in a few songs. NO jemini, NO legacy, and NO fender.

want to know what he uses most of the time now? the multieffect into his legacy IIs, and a few stompboxes thrown in a few songs.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
The classic Vai i'm referring to is the passion and warfare tone.

It would be nice if you had said that.
If you want classic rock/smooth solo tone through a clean amp, look at the fulltone fulldrive 2 mosfet.
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
Quote by blue_strat

What amp do you have, and what kind of distortion/OD are you looking for?

check my profile- its a crappy one