First of all am i going to get a nice sounding tube amp for between £300-£350? or am i wasting my time?

At the moment i'm using a jackson js30 warriror with active emgs into a boss mt2 into a Piece O **** marshall30dfx and i'm really in need of an upgrade.
I play a lot of metallica (early), sacred reich, death, slayer, acid reign and others mostly thrash/hardcore/death and also need a nice tone for 70's stuff like sabbath, pentagram, witchfnder general. im really not too fussed about the new metal sound, killswitch/lamb really dont pump my nads.but something quite versatile just in case.

open for solid state suggestions, heard the line 6's are good although quite digital is this right? I just dont want to find myself crying myself to sleep...dreaming,wishing i had gone for the tone of a tube and didnt.

Ive looked at the laney lc15r, the randall 75w combo laney lv330t and others but just need some help as all of these have some issues.
At the moment ive only played my guitar through the dfx so am missing so much from new pups.
Thanks in advance
blackstart Ht-5 is probably your best bet.

Do you gig? Are you willing to go used?
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Easy with going used?

For used...and if you push... you could get a little Laney, a Marshall DSL, Ashdown Fallen Angel or Peacemaker...
A fair few ideas.
Maybe even a Bugera. Valveking, get one 2nd hand and cheap and re-valve, bias and swap out the speakers?
I'd say to look at used Bugeras, i've seen 6262 120w combos go on ebay for £350-400 and they are absolutely fantastic. If that's a bit of a stretch, personally I would look at higher end solid states, particularly Randalls or Hughes and Kettner for a nice metal sound.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by lefthandman9876
EMG's + MT2

you realise it will sound exactly the same whether your playing an MG or a triple recto with that setup.

why would it?
Quote by PabloGilberto
Easy with going used?

For used...and if you push... you could get a little Laney, a Marshall DSL, Ashdown Fallen Angel or Peacemaker...
A fair few ideas.
Maybe even a Bugera. Valveking, get one 2nd hand and cheap and re-valve, bias and swap out the speakers?

yeah im up for doing that but maybe i'll get out of my water technically changing valves or is it simple?

its a god damn nightmare..so much to choose from, so many ways to go wrong when choosing. if i had a good enough amp i could ditch mt2 perhaps?
Changing valves is easy enough, IF you're careful and you follow instructions online.. its like changing a few lightbulbs. But, usually if you're going to revalve an amp you're best to bias it as well, which is basically having your amp set to work with the valves as best as possible, and this is best done in a shop. Its pricey but worth it for refining your tone.

If you get a decent valve amp, you could chuck the MT-2 and get some sort of overdrive - they push your amp harder than a guitar can on its own, giving you more gain or distortion.

Laney generally make great products, and no doubt it would be a good amp for you for a first valve amp... but tone's totally subjective, so all these ideas for amps may be good in theory, but the best advice I can give is for you to go try as many low wattage valve amps as you can.

If you want to buy brand new too, the Blackstar HT-5 is apparently one of the best new amps out in a good while, Especially for the price - give as many of them as you can a bash, read about them on as many review websites as possible, listen to soundclips and videos on youtube ETC. and find what you like.

Hope this helps!

Mike
thanks for replies, im looking at the blackstar ht-5 combo, at 5w does anyone happen to know if its loud? and are both channels valve as heard some clean are not?
5watts isn't that loud, BUT, it's a tube amp, which makes it sound about double the volume.

The Blackstar is a very good amp, it's highly recommended.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Blackheart Handsome Devil? 15w tube, loud enough to gig with. I'm getting one as soon as I can.
Ebow > Adam Black Hydra/hhttp://i53.tinypic.com/opzadt.jpg > Morley PVO+ Volume > TC Electronic Polytune > Blackstar HT-DRIVE > EHX Big Muff > Danelectro Danecho > Line 6 Verbzilla > Akai Headrush > Akai Headrush > Laney VC30-212 w/Celestion G12H30 70th SEs
You've made this exact same thread like 3 times.
1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
Quote by Graham Simmons
Blackheart Handsome Devil? 15w tube, loud enough to gig with. I'm getting one as soon as I can.

Sorry, I thought it was a 5 watt amp we were talking about.

I'm gonna try and get myself the Handsome Devil head + a cab as soon as possible as well!
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I'm gonna get the combo, I can't afford a cab unfortunately. I'll be able to plug the thing in to a cab eventually though right? (I'm something of an amp noob lol)
Ebow > Adam Black Hydra/hhttp://i53.tinypic.com/opzadt.jpg > Morley PVO+ Volume > TC Electronic Polytune > Blackstar HT-DRIVE > EHX Big Muff > Danelectro Danecho > Line 6 Verbzilla > Akai Headrush > Akai Headrush > Laney VC30-212 w/Celestion G12H30 70th SEs