There's an MG100DFX at the studio where my band practises. I tried it out just to see how bad it was. It was fantastic and my guitarist is now getting one.

Stupid f**king bandwagons.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
agreed...I've been bashed on here several times for sticking up for the MG's...the fact is...they don't cost an arm and a leg and admittedly do not sound like some botique amps that do...the bottom line is that for their price range they are perfectly fine
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
It's not that the MG is bad, it's the fact that it's overpriced and there are better amps in the price range.
For the price, they offer a brilliant range of features and tone. I started out with one and my friend BenRaah had one also, I heard him get some smooth distortion sounds out of it!

The new range has programmable footswitchs!! God I wish I had that on mine!
sounds **** to me
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
the older MGs are an absolute abomination. they sound like... a plastic hive of cat-headed bees that are being strangled and catsturbated and raped in the nostrils. very buzzy, harsh, nasal, synthetic sounding, all-round unpleasant distortion, with brittle plasticcy cleans. hideous sound, hideous build quality... absolute junk. and despite never owning one, i've had more experience with them than i would appreciate.

the newer MGs don't seem bad at all however - they certainly sound more convincing, and the build quality seems to have improved, although the knobs do seem to consistently have razor edges on them for some reason... perhaps it's to help build up those callouses faster?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
When I clicked on the link on the homepage I obviously wasn't paying attention, because I thought you were talking about cars I always liked MGs!

MG amps are fine. I think most people are better served with a different amp, but there's nothing inherently wrong with them.
Quote by steve!
sounds **** to me

There's a reason why we hate them. It's not jumping on a bandwagon; they just suck.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Quote by VolumePast10
anyone with an ear can tell its flat and muddy

Tone is subjective. I think it sounds great, especially considering the low price. Alright, so it doesn't sound quite as good as amps that cost loads more money. Strange, that... They are damn good practise amps if you ask me.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by Blompcube
the older MGs are an absolute abomination. they sound like... a plastic hive of cat-headed bees that are being strangled and catsturbated and raped in the nostrils. very buzzy, harsh, nasal, synthetic sounding, all-round unpleasant distortion, with brittle plasticcy cleans. hideous sound, hideous build quality... absolute junk. and despite never owning one, i've had more experience with them than i would appreciate.

the newer MGs don't seem bad at all however - they certainly sound more convincing, and the build quality seems to have improved, although the knobs do seem to consistently have razor edges on them for some reason... perhaps it's to help build up those callouses faster?
I agree with this. I tried my cousins old MG and it was pretty bad. The new one I played when I was in the States was better.
Eh, it sounds like a $100 amp. The tone isn't bad enough to elicit physical pain for me, as some MG setups do, but this is not by any means good. For a little amp to have in your dorm or something it's alright, but anything more than that....
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
It's not that the MG is bad, it's the fact that it's overpriced and there are better amps in the price range.

thats the main problem with them just there is better out there for that price
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
The guitarist sounds good. The amp sounds bad. I don't expect beginners to cash out and buy an expensive amp, for a hobby which they aren't even sure they'll continue with, but I would not recommend anyone buying an MG over a certain wattage. If you need more volume, then you're ready to move onto a real amp.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
The guitarist sounds good. The amp sounds bad. I don't expect beginners to cash out and buy an expensive amp, for a hobby which they aren't even sure they'll continue with, but I would not recommend anyone buying an MG over a certain wattage. If you need more volume, then you're ready to move onto a real amp.

Hmm. I don't think so. Seeing as most of a guitarist's tone comes from the amp, and little from the actual player himself, its his MG that (IMO) makes him sound good. Only a little bit of tone comes from yourself, and even that is in the technique.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
I don't expect beginners to cash out and buy an expensive amp, for a hobby which they aren't even sure they'll continue with, but I would not recommend anyone buying an MG over a certain wattage. If you need more volume, then you're ready to move onto a real amp.

i agree. there's nothing wrong with the little MGs under 15 watts (as a practice amp for quiet bedroom practice), but once people start buying MG stacks is where they become a complete waste.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by Lollage123
Hmm. I don't think so. Seeing as most of a guitarist's tone comes from the amp, and little from the actual player himself, its his MG that (IMO) makes him sound good. Only a little bit of tone comes from yourself, and even that is in the technique.

"The guitarist sounds good. The amp sounds bad". If it wasn't clear enough, I said that his tone is not nice, but he still sounds good. If Steve Vai played through an MG he would still be an excellent guitarist, so he'd still be good and he'd still sound impressive. There's nothing better for a sh!t amp than having an excellent player demoing it.
i think it sounds average, however thats the best I've heard from a MG, even with a speaker swap. Oh and the cleans sound horrid IMO