1. I need A wiring Diagram On how To Get Stereo Ouput From a Guitar Insted of Mono
(I Wont Both pickups to out put like the standerd mono But Onto Both Channels if that helps)

2. The wiring in my guitar build will contain 2 batterys and insted of installing a switch would a 2nd stereo jack work with each bettery grounding to a seperate channel

3. is there any stereo jacks that come with no ability to become a cable i.e. flush end so it will look professional when i have it inserted

4. Are There any GOOD FOR NOOB Tuts on the net about how luthiers or such ground a fixed strat style bridge.

I usally would have posted in the wring thread but ive never seen anything similar to this!

thanks for your help
Last edited by bill6337 at Aug 17, 2009,
Speak slowwwlllyy and clleearrllly.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Well, at least you didn't want this one stickied like your last one:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1183625

I'd tell you to use the Guitar Wiring thread, but I'm not sure you're talking about wiring inside a guitar. In fact, I don't know what you're on about.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by bill6337
and how are you ment to ground a NON-TREM strat bridge?

I will answer the one question in your post that is coherent.
You connect the bridge ground to the underside of the bridge. You could drill a small hole that pops up under the bridge and wrap it around one of the screws.
Re-type your OP and use proper spelling and grammar. The internet is a text-based medium of communication. Nobody likes it when they have to de-code what you're saying.

Then someone will help you.
i closed your other one because it was asking about wiring for your guitar and you had already been directed to the wiring thread. im going to assume this is the same question, and also assume that no one understands what you are asking. it sounds like you want two stereo jacks, each having its own battery that controls god knows what. why not have a single strereo jack and just use a switch to control the battery?

id send you back to the wiring thread, but sheer morbid curiosity is having me leave this open for the moment...
Quote by bill6337
ok so i need a diagram for out put to a stereo jack

and i will have the batterys (i will have to wired seperate to each other) activated by a seperate stereo jack have one attached to the Left channel Then To The Right will i need to ground this jack becuase to activate it i will just be using the end of a guitar cable ( trying to find a stereo plug that is flat on the end that sticks out of the guitar so it looks professional :P)

and how are you ment to ground a NON-TREM strat bridge?

you can find out how to wire a "stereo" jack anywhere online by searching. i'd say use the searchbar over here but the other thread you started on the same exact subject would come up.

if you want actual help and assistance it would probably be beneficial to stop for a second when writing your posts to make sure the words are legible and that the post isn't a giant run-on sentence. it makes it easier to find a solution when people know exactly what it is you are asking.
I think he wants a separate 1/4" stereo jack just for switching the batteries on and off with a plug.
^I came to the same conclusion.

TS: If I understand you correctly, you want a standard stereo jack to connect the batteries and the other stereo jack having one pickup to one channel and the other pickup to the other. I kind of understand you, because if you use the stereo jack for stereo, you cant use it for the battery switch.

So, I'd say to wire one pickup to a stereo jack, wired up to connect the battery and a mono jack for the other pickup. You have the same amount of jacks as you originally stated, but its alot less complex. If you require the output of both pickups to be sent down a single stereo cable, then make a simple pedal that combines the mono signals coming from each jack to have one stereo.

I might, however, have misunderstood you completely...
lol wut? (dont ban me XD)
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by bill6337
1. I need A wiring Diagram On how To Get Stereo Ouput From a Guitar Insted of Mono
(I Wont Both pickups to out put like the standerd mono But Onto Both Channels if that helps)

2. The wiring in my guitar build will contain 2 batterys and insted of installing a switch would a 2nd stereo jack work with each bettery grounding to a seperate channel

3. is there any stereo jacks that come with no ability to become a cable i.e. flush end so it will look professional when i have it inserted

4. Are There any GOOD FOR NOOB Tuts on the net about how luthiers or such ground a fixed strat style bridge.

I usally would have posted in the wring thread but ive never seen anything similar to this!

thanks for your help

1, If you use a stereo cable with a standard mono jack, then the guitar will be on both the channels.

What are the batterys for? If you have two batteries, why are you tring to treat them seperately, but so you can only switch them off together? Just use a standard stereo jack to turn them on/off and and use a mono cable to the guitar. This will still work if inputted into a stereo device, but it wont work with a stereo cable.

Also, whats with all the random capitals?

I'm clueless about why you want to use an extra jack as a switch...

I'd "answer" the others, but to tell you the truth, my honest advice is for you to give up

EDIT:, what's with all the random capitals? I guess you're not a native english speaker so I understand that you mightn't know all the technical electronics words .
Last edited by supergerbil at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by bill6337

if you want both pickups going to both outputs than dont use stereo outs on the guitar. use a mono jack to a splitter to each amp/effect chain. it'd be easier than extremely over-complicating things with completely unnecessary on board wiring on the guitar end of things.

lol wut? without giving specifics it'd be awfully difficult to figure out what it is you intend to do and if what you want to do is even remotely necessary. if you go the route of using a single output from the guitar to a splitter for your stereo out then you could use a single trs jack for your guitar output and the battery switching. of course again specifics here would be helpful, although not really that helpful. if you are doing the 18v mod on active pickups you wouldnt need 2 ways to switch the battery. if you have on board fx you could run them both off the same battery so the need for switching 2 batteries needs a bit more explanation.

i have no idea what you are trying to express in words here.

uhhm... solder the ground to the trem claw like every other strat? or under the bridge like every other strat without a trem? it's not really requiring that much explanation for a tutorial. just make sure it's in contact.

neither have i, especially since you havent said what "this" is but i'm willing to wager the answer to every one of your questions resides in the wiring thread since it's not like what you are asking is anything new or revolutionary in any sort of way.

thanks for your help

no problemo senor.
ok so ill have to go with using a mono jack with a stereo lead

but i was hoping it was something simple like splicing the mono hot and turning it into a Y with each wire going on the double end going to each channel. would that work but what i think would happen to that is that it would half the total volume on each channel so if im using mono that would make it half the volume?????

and im using two batterys for

The N-Tune System
and the other for

a HEX pre amp (with those goast bridge saddles) or LED mod at some stage
Last edited by bill6337 at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by bill6337
ok so ill have to go with using a mono jack with a stereo lead

but i was hoping it was something simple like splicing the mono hot and turning it into a Y with each wire going on the double end going to each channel. would that work but what i think would happen to that is that it would half the total volume on each channel so if im using mono that would make it half the volume?????

and im using two batterys for

The N-Tune System
and the other for

a HEX pre amp (with those goast bridge saddles) or LED mod at some stage

you can take a mono cable and split it into stereo without worrying about halving your total volume on each channel and if you are worried just build a signal splitter (schematic available here http://www.muzique.com/lab/splitter.htm )

personally i dont see the need for onboard guitar tuning but to each their own. considering you'd be using it only to tune and when it's in tuning mode it silences your output i dont see any reason why the two cannot run off the same battery.
Quote by noisefarmer
you can take a mono cable and split it into stereo without worrying about halving your total volume on each channel and if you are worried just build a signal splitter (schematic available here http://www.muzique.com/lab/splitter.htm )

personally i dont see the need for onboard guitar tuning but to each their own. considering you'd be using it only to tune and when it's in tuning mode it silences your output i dont see any reason why the two cannot run off the same battery.

Thanks man thats what im after but ill do the opeset of that ill have the stereo on board but is there a inline type device that converts the stereo signal back to mono?

well i dont actully own a tuner i use a program on my computer so ill use the onboard tuner for just retuning after traveling to where ever just makes it that bit easyer

well i wont to use two batterys becuase ive got a double battery box that will go in the guitar
Quote by bill6337
Thanks man thats what im after but ill do the opeset of that ill have the stereo on board but is there a inline type device that converts the stereo signal back to mono?

go to the wiring thread and search thru there cus frankly i dont even know what to tell you at this point since now i'm confused. you want stereo outs, which carry the same signal from the guitar on both leads and you want to take those 2 identical signals and convert them into mono? they arent even stereo to begin with since they'd both be the same mono output from the guitar and taking 2 identical mono outputs and converting them into mono just doesnt make sense.
Quote by noisefarmer
go to the wiring thread and search thru there cus frankly i dont even know what to tell you at this point since now i'm confused. you want stereo outs, which carry the same signal from the guitar on both leads and you want to take those 2 identical signals and convert them into mono? they arent even stereo to begin with since they'd both be the same mono output from the guitar and taking 2 identical mono outputs and converting them into mono just doesnt make sense.

lol i just though about it for a secend then i would only want the mono converter to place both signals on the left channel to gett full volume back
I dont think you even know what you want. The above post makes little to no sense (How would using only the left channel "get full volume back"?)

And as for your nonsense about converting the stereo to mono, as noisefarmer said, it wouldn't be stereo if its exactly the same on each channel.

You make no sense! I don't want to be rude, but its getting to the point where its impossible to offer you advice because we don't have a clue as to what you are talking about!

EDIT: oh haha I reread one of your posts above. You seem to think that putting a mono signal will have half the volume of a stereo signal (hence the "get full volume back" malarchy!). A stereo signal is exactly the same as a mono signal in amplitude etc but it has two channels and so can send 2 seperate signals. By that I mean, if you have a mono signal going down a stereo jack it will not be twice as loud as a mono cable. The amplitude of the signal remains the same, regardless of what cable you send it through.
Last edited by supergerbil at Aug 17, 2009,
Quote by supergerbil
I dont think you even know what you want. The above post makes little to no sense (How would using only the left channel "get full volume back"?)

And as for your nonsense about converting the stereo to mono, as noisefarmer said, it wouldn't be stereo if its exactly the same on each channel.

You make no sense! I don't want to be rude, but its getting to the point where its impossible to offer you advice because we don't have a clue as to what you are talking about!

EDIT: oh haha I reread one of your posts above. You seem to think that putting a mono signal will have half the volume of a stereo signal (hence the "get full volume back" malarchy!). A stereo signal is exactly the same as a mono signal in amplitude etc but it has two channels and so can send 2 seperate signals. By that I mean, if you have a mono signal going down a stereo jack it will not be twice as loud as a mono cable. The amplitude of the signal remains the same, regardless of what cable you send it through.

thanks thats what i was after, sorry if my questions seem hard to under stand as this is my first time at actully wiring up some complecated thanks for all the advice guys
Quote by bill6337
thanks thats what i was after, sorry if my questions seem hard to under stand as this is my first time at actully wiring up some complecated thanks for all the advice guys

actually it's not complicated at all. you just over complicated it with misconceptions on how guitar wiring works. i'd suggest doing some reading on the subject to gain a better understanding of the whole thing.