I am planning on buying a fender soon and im also planning on changing the bridge pick up. Im really liking seymour duncan invader pick ups but im not sure if there are better ones. I play lots of punk rock, so like A LOT of blink 182. So please tell me if there are any better pick ups or if i should just buy the seymour duncan invader.
What's wrong with the tone that you want to change, and your budget, also what is your current amp?
What is your amp? Budget?

What do you not like about your current tone?

Or, are you gonna buy an invader JUST so you're like Tom?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
can't really go wrong with a seymour duncan JB really
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I am currently using a Line 6 Spyder III. My budget is around $100 maybe a bit more and i just want more. Very hard to explain the sound im trying to get. lol
Quote by victork19
I am currently using a Line 6 Spyder III. My budget is around $100 maybe a bit more and i just want more. Very hard to explain the sound im trying to get. lol

It's hard to dial in your own tone with a Spider 3.
How about you buy the guitar first, and try some tone tweaking before you immediately switch out the pickups.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by victork19
Changing pickups won't help with that amp. It's a modelling amp; no matter what you put through it, it will always try it's hardest to make it sound a specific way. If anything, changing pickups will only make your tone worse, since those Spider III's tones are configered to work best with generic beginner guitars - fancy pickups will just throw it off.

Before you even think about changing pickups, you're going to need to get a new amp if you want to change your tone. Pickup changes are for tweaking your tone once you've already got an amp and guitar that gives you the rough tone you want. What you need is a mid-output valve amp with either an overdrive pedal to boost the amp's own distortion or a dedicated distortion pedal, depending on your playing style.

Quote by Gregoric
can't really go wrong with a seymour duncan JB really
Trust me, you can. Worst pickup I ever tried, in one guitar.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.