^.
Thanks.
Sending a dummy to my God.

probably not they will ask you to pay. better to do it yourself they asked me for 100 dollars to put in a HSH and then i did it myself in 20 min
They will charge quite a bit. I tried doing it myself and ****ed up, though, and they had to do it anyway.
its really easy
theres diagrams and videos everywhere
guitar center WILL screw u over
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
By the way, if you have a guitar with a bolt-on neck, the fastest way to get the strings out of the way is to unbolt the neck.

Otherwise you can take the bridge/trem off (unless the strings go through the body). If that's the case, then just get another set of strings too unless you want to mess with re-winding used strings on the pegs (it is doable, but it can be a pain)
I knew nothing about guitar electronics and did my pickups myself. Mine was literally 2 wires to solder, and that was it. Its REALLY easy. Regarding the strings, I loosened the strings a lot and installed them that way.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
how anyone can mess up a pickup change is beyond me.

a 10 year old could do it. I know because I changed a set of pickups when I was 10 and did not f anything up. I just soldered it the exact way the old pickups were soldered.
Quote by al112987
how anyone can mess up a pickup change is beyond me.

a 10 year old could do it. I know because I changed a set of pickups when I was 10 and did not f anything up. I just soldered it the exact way the old pickups were soldered.

Exactly. If you do it one pickup at a time, it's really hard to mess up. You just have to be competent at soldering, which is not a difficult skill.
Unbolting the neck to get the strings off is some pretty crappy advice.

TS guitar center wont do it for free no. But its not a complicated thing to do and its a good thing to learn. Or you will have to keep paying somebody to do everything on your guitar.
Getting the wires through the routing can be a hassle though. The trick is put some tape over the end of the wire and wrap it real straight and tight to stiffen it up so you can just push it through.
Quote by Mitchell?
Exactly. If you do it one pickup at a time, it's really hard to mess up. You just have to be competent at soldering, which is not a difficult skill.
I was not even competent at soldering, I mean.. I was 10, it was the first solder job I ever did and I had no idea how to actually solder correctly and in the end I made a huge mess and use giant globs of solder to actually make the connection, but I mean, it still worked.

Of course I went back a few years ago and cleaned up all the connections and made them much neater.
Quote by Tackleberry
Unbolting the neck to get the strings off is some pretty crappy advice.

I didn't say unbolt the neck to get strings off, I said that's the fastest way to get the strings out of the way. I didn't say it was the best. That's how a lot of professional luthiers do it because time is money.

Of course it also depends on the guitar; this would have more utility for a guitar with a full pick-guard than for a guitar with no pick-guard or an LP-style guard.

Personnally, I only remove the neck when I'm going to be routing. But all my guitars have easily removable tremolos and even if they didn't, I can afford to waste a set of strings. If you're concerned about GC charging for an install, then maybe you don't want to waste strings, either.

And you're right; independence is a good thing. We should all be able to work on our guitars, computers, cars, and houses.

Cheers,
do it yourself. It would cost 20 bucks worth of materials and 20-30 minutes.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack