When you mix "Peavey" and "Marshall" in the same sentence, it will always be a good combo.
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
why not get a vk212 and put some celestions in........gotta be cheaper for the same result

the vk212 and vk100h are the same amp btw..
well ones an amp head and the pther is a combo amp... they're the same in the series, the 112, 212 and 100 amp head
Quote by That_Hot_Guy
When you mix "Peavey" and "Marshall" in the same sentence, it will always be a good combo.

Like Marshall MG head + Peavey VK cab?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
No.

Peavey JSX/6505/3120/Triple XXX/XXL/Maybe a VK100 + Marshall 1960a.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Noooo it might not be a good combo-

The marshall cab you're talking about comes with the solid state mg100dfx head right? Make sure that cab can handle the peavey's power
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by Richmanofaction
Noooo it might not be a good combo-

The marshall cab you're talking about comes with the solid state mg100dfx head right? Make sure that cab can handle the peavey's power

YEah, besides that, the MG cab is a POS.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
No, it wouldn't be a good COMBO. It'd be a good HALFSTACK cwatididthur....

iFail

Actually, it wouldn't work out too well. Tube wattage is much louder than SS.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']No, it wouldn't be a good COMBO. It'd be a good HALFSTACK cwatididthur....

iFail

How does that have any relevance to this thread at all?

And no TS; that is not a good combo.
No the cab is terrible. Your better off as someone stated above getting the 212 vk and replacing the speakers.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
I think the Valveking head is a decent choice.

If you really need a halfstack, get a Avatar/Vader cabinet.
Quote by oneblackened
No.

Peavey JSX/6505/3120/Triple XXX/XXL/Maybe a VK100 + Marshall 1960a.

also Butcher/VTM/Roadmaster/Ultra/Triumph + Marshall 1960a
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Fender 4x12 loaded with t75's
Epiphone LP-100
Fender Stratocaster Highway one
The head's good, but do NOT get that cab.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Alternatively, you could get an Avatar 2x12 and a Peavey VTM/B52 AT-100 head, and sound good
Last edited by The_Bosstone at Aug 17, 2009,
I love how the opinion of everyone has changed as soon as someone mentioned "MG" when the specific cab was mentioned. How many of you have actually played the cab?
I haven't, but I can say that you won't know for sure how the combo sounds unless you've played it. I say it's worth a shot, but try before you buy!
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
I have tried the cab, and before you take a typical "horrible UG bandwagon" stand, I'll let you know it is a shit cab, and I'd take an Avatar, Vader, or even save up for a Mesa cab (all 2x12) for metal before I'd even consider it.
Last edited by The_Bosstone at Aug 17, 2009,
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']No, it wouldn't be a good COMBO. It'd be a good HALFSTACK cwatididthur....

iFail

its still watts.. a consisten measurement

if the watts of the head are equal to or less than the cab it will work
the VK head is alright but i would recommend a different cab or just go for the combo
Short answer is NO. VK is terrible so is the MG series cab. However if you like the VK, then buy a cab from avatarspeakers.com your choice of celestion for a lot cheapier than what you will spend anywhere. Solid cabs, so if and when you get a new head you won't have to buy a new cab.
Quote by mwalluk
Short answer is NO. VK is terrible so is the MG series cab. However if you like the VK, then buy a cab from avatarspeakers.com your choice of celestion for a lot cheapier than what you will spend anywhere. Solid cabs, so if and when you get a new head you won't have to buy a new cab.

Nobody is talking about the MG-cab as far I know.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by mwalluk
When people say "the Valveking sucks", it's usually because they tried the combo form. The combo form has a really bad speaker (the biggest negative of the Valveking IMO).

Of course, there are other IMO essential things like an EQ pedal and a overdrive pedal (if playing heavy music) when using a Valveking, but that's just me.