Seriously, most ESP/LTDs I've played have really thick frets that make it uncomfortable to slide. Does anyone else notice this? Other than that most ESPs are fine, the frets just really bug me.
It differs from model to model.

Many of ESP/LTD's customers prefer the Extra Jumbos, myself included, and some prefer the smaller, skinnier ones.

They do have models with the smaller frets though, just check the specs on their guitars on the website.
Lots people like that. I hate the little frets. Have you ever played that new EVH sig model? Tiniest frets known to man.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
They make it easier to tap/ Hammer on etc...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
The frets must be big and high then. I don't like that myself. The intonation isn't as good and it is hard to slide. Bending notes is easier but it isn't worth that you pay in sliding.

Quote by dcdossett65
Lots people like that. I hate the little frets. Have you ever played that new EVH sig model? Tiniest frets known to man.

No, Mosrite would win that prize. At least for the pre-1993 models.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Extra Jumbo frets.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Quote by nithin909
i dont like them, it feels cheap imo.

The hundreds of players in the 80's who helped bring this fret size into the public eye would disagree. I personally think finished necks feel cheap, and abalone binding looks it.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
It's not the frets IMO. I find it's the neck. Too wide IMO (and I know how stupid that sounds)
and less pressure on the strings is needed to play the note, (I think) allowing for faster playing, and like previously said, easier to tap/hammer on.

I think bends are also easier, but this is more due to fret height I believe.
ESP guitars are aimed at metal players. Tapping.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
i like the extra jumbo frets, but i agree that it aint for everyone, i also think u need less pressure to make a note
Quote by AbsolutePower
Seriously, most ESP/LTDs I've played have really thick frets that make it uncomfortable to slide. Does anyone else notice this? Other than that most ESPs are fine, the frets just really bug me.

Why are you sliding on an esp? If you are playing blues then get a blues guitar. ESP have large frets because they help with techniques that are common in metal. hammer on's and pull off's are easier when you are playing fast with large frets.
it's comfortable (to me) and if they're large enough they give an almost scalloped-neck feel. that's a great thing for quick bends and fast solo-ing. it's all dependent on your tastes, but i think it feels a lot better for metal-lead style stuff

EDIT: look at ibanez guitars. thin necks and huge frets perfect for Vai, Satch, Gilbert, Li, and others.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Those frets are more suited to metal, I find them comfy to play on.
Ibanez Jem 7V-WH
PRS Custom 24
ESP Ltd EC1000
sexy frets
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
If you slide correctly then you should have no problems sliding on jumbo frets. I slide on scalloped frets without any issues at all - and that is mostly the equivalent of centimeter high frets.
Quote by dcdossett65

are you talking about evh, ebmm, or peavey? I want to know so I can go check it out. I totally dig small frets for shredding and tapping.

whoever said big frets are not good for blues is a retard. big frets give you way more sustain and better string bending. as for sliding up and down, thats technique. dont blame the guitar.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.