or colleges? is it hard to get into? does anyone on UG go there Just out of curiosity
It depends on what type of music school you wanna go to and for what. I want to go to school for music but im not sure for what though.
I play guitar.
Depends on which school. I got into mine pretty easily but it's not huge or rich.
have a look on the berklee website theres a few vids up explaining the process but you need to know your stuff

i`ve got a friend at the musicians institute in LA and he said that he didn`t find it hard but that again you need to know how to read music and how to use basic improv and prepare a audition song and record your playing...

it`s not like you turn up on the doorstep with your guitar and say "teach me"
Quote by DIFTWOOD
or colleges? is it hard to get into? does anyone on UG go there Just out of curiosity

You have to demonstrate musical ability with a fairly high degree of proficiency to get in. Most music schools focus on traditional styles.
It also depends which instrument too. My school has too many pianists and vocalists so it's harder for them to get in. I play upright bass so I had it easy.
Quote by DIFTWOOD
or colleges? is it hard to get into?

I would imagine that, as with non-music schools and colleges, it depends to a considerable extent on the school/college, and on what qualifications you possess. I'm sorry if that doesn't sound like much of an answer, but if you were to provide more detail, you'd probably get a more meaningful response.

Not because it's really necessary, but since it's at least sort of related to this topic, I'm posting one of my photos of the George Peabody Library. The library is part of the Peabody Institute, of Baltimore, Maryland. Peabody includes one of the nation's foremost music conservatories, which happens to be part of my alma mater, Johns Hopkins University. It's widely regarded as one the most beautiful libraries in the United States.

Oh, and I regularly attend performances at Peabody. It's a fantastic local resource.

--
Michael
Last edited by 123Michael321 at Aug 17, 2009,