I'm going to guitar center in a minute to buy a speaker cable, to hook up my b-52at112 to a 2x12 cab. but im confused on the speaker cables. i know i have to use a speaker cable to hook it up and not just an instrument cable. they both look the same to me and i dont know which one to choose from. so can anyone recommend me a good brand speaker cable and a link so i know how its supposed to look like (preferable cheap ) thanks
The cable should be labeled as a speaker cable. I don't think there is anyway to tell them apart just by looking at them - I believe they are pretty much identical on the outside.
an istrument cable will say somewhere on the packaging that its an instrument cable, and the same for the speaker cable. as for good brands, idk, i just buy whats cheapest at my local shop
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
It should say on the front what kind of cable it is. Get the guys at GC to help you if you get confused, they don't get paid to sit on their asses. Monster also makes the best cables in my experience. And I heard that Planet Waves makes good ones.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Last edited by JagerSlushy at Aug 16, 2009,
Quote by JagerSlushy
It should say on the front what kind of cable it is. Get the guys at GC to help you if you get confused, they don't get paid to sit on their asses.

The ones at my guitar center do
oh okay guys thanks. i guess ill go with the 3 foot monster speaker cable. its only 8 bucks. and btw, do you think hooking up a b52 at 1x12 combo to a 2x12 avatar is a good idea? i bought the avatar from my friend, and i heard hooking it up would "open" the sound up more.