Page 1 of 5
New Thread!: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1198584

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/backingtracks

so, here's the idea.

I would like to have a band on UG profiles dedicated to backing tracks for people to play around with. So, here's the plan; I figured why bring in other people's backing tracks when we have a host of musicians here at UG? So, I would like people to put their talents to use. We need people who are willing to create something that is well-mixed, sounds sort of professional, and easy to play along with. So, start volunteering! We need all sorts of genres and all different types of songs. Ideally we'll get some blues, jazz, rock, metal as well as many other sub-classes of each genre to give us a broad scope of things.

Post if you are willing to record one, but also please post what style you will be submitting.

For this first round, I'd like to get a strong base of songs. So, if we receive 20 submissions, we will have the Pit vote and take the top 10 or so (making sure to . Ideally, after that we will host a monthly competition and add 3 to 5 more each month.

For each one I would like to have: Style, Key, recommended scales, etc... to make it the easiest possible way for people to "learn" to lead.

My end goal is to have a widget on the front page of UG that you can use to play the backing tracks without having to find the band page; but lets go one step at a time.

TL;DR: Go read it, lazy ass.

Submissions due in 2 weeks! So Aug 30!

---People who are down wid it---

BostonRocks - Classic Rock
Xeron Brigs - Post-Grunge
Mark G - 4 metal tracks
timbit2006 - Metal and Hard Rock

---People who have gear and iz willin to be illin'---

Nicolas "The Humanity" Lopez
Bass
Indie (dream rock), blues, hard rock, blues rock

Brian AKA Lt.DustyBanana
Guitar, Programmed Drums
br00talz grindcorez, metal/metalcore/anything-core, thrash

Chrism3006
Melodic soloing

rockfan7
pretty much any instrument
Alt. Rock

bartdevil_metal
blues, funk, hard rock or metal

Username: XxDethmetalxX
Instruments: Guitar and (possibly) programmed drums
Genre: Death metal and possibly black metal

miguelito2729
program Drums, Guitar and Bass
Rock, Hard Rock, Jazz, Blues, Metal(core/ trash/grindcore)

thedonutman
Bass, Guitar, Piano and I've got recording software and equipment,programmed drums.
Willing to record pre-written stuff.

classicrockboy
guitar tracks

GisleAune
Rythym Guitar, synth Program
Metal, any thing you want to send him a tab for

psyks
Keyboards/Orchestral stuff

hyroglyph!c
rythym guitar, drums, piano (novice)
Progressive/Jazz/Metal

benomino324
drums
Cool, I was wondering when you would get this going

I'm not gonna be a part of it because of my ridiculously fail recording equipment, but I support this anyway.

SHEdit: Did you post this in every forum?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Aug 16, 2009,
Interesting idea.
I'd be able to do piano/organ stuff for backing tracks. Intermediate level.
Some electric guitar that requires a lot of effects and needs to be realistic.
I may, don't hold me to this, be able to do drums at a good level. Depends if I can sort out my gear
Message me about it.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Are questions aloud if not I'm sorry if not but I've got to ask one. Just ask me to delete this if it shouldn't be here. Here's the question: with all these new widget's will you be able to make it possible to use more then three I already always wanna use four but I never can
PONYEDIT: if I could figure out how to record stuff I may be able to contribute but don't hold me to it.
Ponyedit2: I coulda had first post if I just said FIRST! but I decided to say something worth while...
<.<
>.>
PONYEDIT3: I have a pretty good idea for a blues backing track I think I could make it work but I don't have recording equipment does somebody wanna do the recording and give me partial credit for the track? <-- serious idea.
PONYEDIT1496: ok The idea I have involves a simple chord progression repeating itself (for the most part) and a keyboard I have a camera and I MIGHT be able to upload my idea to youtube if I can figure out how to get the thing working :l but it would be a blues backing track PLEASE PM me or leave a comment on my profile if your willing to record this for me/ work on this with me
Last edited by Ponyexpress at Aug 16, 2009,
Gah! Win! I'm tired of searching for backing tracks
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
This is a great idea, I really hope it works out!
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
If I was better at keyboard I'd enter, but I'm not, and I don't really know enough theory.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by ZanasCross

but feel free to bend each other over the table and take advantage of each other.

<_<
I thought that was literally for a moment.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by hugh20
<_<
I thought that was literally for a moment.

well if you want
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
rather than having a competition why dont you make a strong base of LOTS of backing tracks with varying speeds and keys and genres. Id be willing to help, im just not really in the mood to write anything competitive. I can record pretty much anything with what i have at home and in stereo too so just pm me if you want anything done. I can do Guitar or base with any effects, amps, distortion, whatever.
~Defiant~
Hmm, my guitar skills are still lacking for this but I can do piano shizzle if anyone needs. I fail at recording though.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by sam b
Backing track of.. what?

....?

Band songs.. minus a lead guitar or something, you mean? >_>
So just to get this straight: you just want generic backing tracks for slow/medium/fast rock/pop/deathcore/hip-hop songs in the key of A/B/C/D/E/F/G? Sounds like a brilliant idea, I was wondering when you were going to go ahead with it.

I can't contribute due to my very lacking skills when it comes to writing anything interesting at all, but I'll almost certainly use these if/when they come out.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by Ponyexpress
why did you quote yourself then answer yourself?

I didnt.. I quoted myself to show the question again so someone will answer.

Then expanded the question
I could do some symphonic backing tracks and leave it up to you guys to add the metal to that sweet combo. I mean seriously, I'll get right on something. Something with orchestral accompaniment.

EDIT:

If anyone wants to collaborate, I'm a pretty good keyboardist and know a fair bit of music theory. Seriously, anything symphonic or synthy, add me on msn: raalezor@gmail.com
Last edited by psyks at Aug 17, 2009,
I suppose I may possibly be able to do some true metal; metal that's real.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I can play bass for just about anything, and guitar for Punk, rock some metal and funk.
I think a good goal would be to take songs off the UG top 100 list and mix those for backing tracks seeing they'd likely be most sucessful right?
Just a thought, but im very interested.
If its backing instead of band songs then im all up for drums and piano, and guitar.

Quote by Spoonman69
Great idea man, I'l l be sure to use it. Dont have recording equipment though.

But if I get any do you want backing tracks of songs or of just random chord progressions and stuff?
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I can do some electric guitar work: everything from simple cleans to brutal distortion to experimental effects. I'll see about writing some stuff if anyone is interested. I take requests.

My main genre is Grunge/Post-Grunge, but I can also do Rock.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Last edited by Xeron Brigs at Aug 16, 2009,
Id love to do some Blues backing tracks, maybe when I get a worthwhile mic. This sounds fun
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Is this like backing tracks of existing songs, or backing tracks of certain styles to improvise over?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
This is a great idea .

I'd love to help, but I seem to be short a mic. And, I don't have the best sounding amp. (Spider III. Please don't kill me.)
oh yeah, i can do bass. so i could do a whole band essentially

Quote by Spoonman69
Quote by WishfulShredder
someone should do a grindcore backing track

for the lulz

''And the scale for this is smashing your head into a wall''

Quote by Spoonman69
Hang on, if anyone wants to collaborate, I'm a good keyboardist of 7-8 years and can cover a range of styles. Mainly I go for orchestral stuff but I can work with synths and strait piano too.
Sure, I'll help.

I just need to work on my recording abilities. My amp's direct in lags a bit.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
...well, that's gonna be a problem.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
maybe some Metallica songs by using GH:Metallica

or just recording is good to, it's just an idea..

MC name = Bearrorism
Page 1 of 5