Hey, so my band is looking to incorporate some prerecorded/synth stuff into our live show and we're looking for the right device to do this with. I know its like a pad with buttons on it, and it releases a trigger for a loop when you press the button. Its often positioned by the drummer so he can press it.

Any help on the name of this thing? And recommendations are appreciated.

If you're wondering about the thread name:

His name is Carlos. He wants you guys to help me.
His name is obviously Mark Carwardine so dun even try it boy.

Try something besides the pit?
Goodness gracious me!
Quote by Bizarro
His name is obviously Mark Carwardine so dun even try it boy.

Try something besides the pit?

Mark Carwardine is his real name. He likes to be called Carlos

Anyway, I didnt know any other forum to post it in
Quote by seljer
a sampler?

Correct! Thanks, no idea how i couldnt remember that.

So any recommended ones? Or any tips on what i need to use one?
I believe the company is Simmons ?

they make pads that have sounds, but i'm pretty sure they have MIDI capibility so you can put your own sounds on.

Link: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Simmons-Hybrid-Electronic-Drum-Kit-105140909-i1432245.gc

i think this is it
Last edited by drumd00dgeetar at Aug 16, 2009,
Quote by seljer
a sampler?

Actually, what i think i may be looking for is a midi pad controller, but still not 100% sure
actually, just glancing over... the cheapest solution is probably to just use an ipod or laptop and have him press the play button
as most samplers you find are full out production studios for like rap music an such which are kind of overkill for just playing a little intro
Quote by seljer
actually, just glancing over... the cheapest solution is probably to just use an ipod or laptop and have him press the play button
as most samplers you find are full out production studios for like rap music an such which are kind of overkill for just playing a little intro

Pretty much, yeah. thats what my band does, we just have our synth player put our samples on an ipod.

Listen to this man, TS.
Alright, what would be the best way for the drummer to quickly/accurately press play on something without smashing his stick onto the laptop/ipod?
Quote by One on Sunday
Alright, what would be the best way for the drummer to quickly/accurately press play on something without smashing his stick onto the laptop/ipod?

if you want to get fancy, with a laptop you can run a sampler in software and get a MIDI controller of some sort (like just the brain and a couple of pads from an electronic drum kit) and assign the pads to various things
I resist Carlos' masculine yet sexy charm!

I give no help!
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by filthandfury
God dammit I was gonna post that! *evils*

=] was the first thing that sprang to mind
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group