Ok, so i'm gonna be upgrading my Vintage VS6 pretty soon, bit by bit as the money comes in. Anyway, here's what i plan on changing:

-Tuners
-Nut
-Pickups
-Pots (?)
-Wiring (?)

Ok, the reason Pots has a (?) next to it is because i don't really get what they are and what i should be looking for in them. Wiring has one because i don't know about any stuff that's worth doing but i'm sure there is some. I want some locking tuners, suggestions? Nut wise, i've been pointed in the direction of Graphtech before. Pickups, i'll probably be going with a pair of Duncans. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Pots: get CTS they are usually regarded as the best, 500k assuming you have humbuckers.

Nut: Graphtech is fine

tuners: I use Sperzels, but that's just personal preference, plus you can get them in just about any color you want.

Wiring: what kind of things do you want to achieve? just a rewire or expand your tonal options?
You could do coil splits and/or series parallel switching, depends what you want.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Wiring wise, i don't know whether mucking around with my tone is wise just because i already love my tone. My sound can be described like this:

-Thick, Crunchy Low end
-Bright, Clean, Screaming Highs < Needs work to achieve
-I don't scoop my mids as much as a lot of people, so i get pretty bright, nice Mids.

Only problem i have with my guitar right now is the highs. Everything is pretty much perfect. Don't know how much this will be effected with the pickup change
Well, you ARE gonna change your tone with new pickups, there's really no avoiding it.

And as far as coil splitting/series parallel switching goes, you would install switches or push pull pots to control them, so you could always bring your original humbucking tone back with the flick (or pull) of a switch (or pot)
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

yes, however push pull pots would not.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Ah, cool. I'm gonna probably be paying someone do install all the technical bits anyway. I'm more concerned about buying the right parts. I'll try and put off dicussion of pickups for a bit because it never ends well.
I'd suggest you don't waste your money on someone installing your stuff, it honestly isnt that difficult, even if you've never soldered in your life, just practice on something, then when you're confident enough do the wiring.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

I've soldered once in my life, Burnt myself, Burnt my friend, Almost burnt my teacher, and worst of all. Fecking wiring didn't even work after.
In that case, I'd try to find some1 who can solder and give them like $5 to do it instead of letting the music stores rape you
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

why not, there's not loads of people on here to be brandfvcks, so.

what sound are you looking for?
what amp?
what budget?
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Sound has been described above. At the moment i'm on a Vypyr 75 but this guitar would be around for an Amp upgrade probably to a good combo. Budget is pretty much whatever. I'm saving up for 'em so it doesn't matter. I'd prefer passives just because they seem more versatile.
More to enhance my tone. Right now i've got some Wilkinson Humbuckers. Dunno the exact model but technically i want something that sounds similar, just better.