Anyone familiar with the brand? It's exclusive to Gear4music, but they have this tube amp going for a very good price, and I prefer a half stack to a combo.

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/White-Horse-60W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-and4x8-Cab-RED/AS3

So what d'you reckon UG? At that price, I don't expect it to be anything amazing, but it's a tube amp, which means it should be better than a speaker right?

If not, is there anything you'd consider better at that £200 price range? Preferably a half stack...
Last edited by JackleCube at Aug 16, 2009,
Never heard of it. Looks fairly good and the price is really good. Do you have an opportunity to play one? If you have enough money that you won't miss, I'd say go for it.

Found a youtube review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy0N6wNd9EE
Last edited by D&DLover at Aug 16, 2009,
Unfortunately, I think the opportunity to try one isn't possible due to its exclusivity.
if u read it it says its hybrid valve so its not a proper valve amp
itl be something like the marshall avt but worse
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
with a spring reverb it will probobly break soon for this price, and its a hybrid, ss power amp and a 12ax7 preamp by the looks of it and with only 1 tube and a 60 watt amp, id be leery of it, but there are things that look like shyte and smell like roses so you never know until you try it
~Defiant~
Ok, if this is the case, what's the first decent combination of amp and cab I can put together at a decent price, say around £200, if it's possible.
Quote by JackleCube
Ok, if this is the case, what's the first decent combination of amp and cab I can put together at a decent price, say around £200, if it's possible.

simple answer

you cant
not a decent amp anyway
save up for something
beacuse otherwise your going to waste 200 on something ****
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

Quote by JackleCube
Throw some suggestions at me, I've never really wandered into amp territory.

are you completely set on a stack
cos your not goin to get a good stack for that price
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

I'm pretty open to anything and everything, I'm just wanting ideas on good value for money, not topping £400.

I see I can get a Valveking 100 head and the 4x12 cabinet together used for £400, just generally getting ideas.
the vlaveking and cab would not be a bad choice for 400

but i find stacks completely pointless
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo