Okay I've got some serious gas for a melody maker, I was looking for a guitar for around $400 that felt like my Les Paul but sounded different and I'm pretty sure this is it. I've just got a couple of quick questions.

This is the one I'm looking at, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=290336810620&Category=33040&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2
how does it look, do you think it's a good deal and not a scam of any kind? Does it look like it's in good condition?
Second, would it be possible for me to route out a neck pup and place most likely a Gibson P94 in there?
Third, could i easily move the input jack to the side of the guitar (i know I would have to drill a hole in the wood but i just need to know if it's thick enough)?

Thanks for your time I think that is all.

Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Have you played one yet? I'm willing to bet it will not feel like your Les Paul.
MM has always looked like a toy to me... It just gives the vibes
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

i have to say the headstock is ugly and iver never seen anything made by gibson without an epiphone logo for under 750 so ~shrug~ but that being said i dont know much about melody makers and it looks cheap so it very well could be cheap
~Defiant~
i really like them alot. you cant compare it to any other gibson really, but compare it to a fender in the same price point or any other brand in the price, you might not get as many features as some other guitars, but it is a super solid guitar for its price (made in usa is not too shabby )
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte

Quote by D&DLover
Have you played one yet? I'm willing to bet it will not feel like your Les Paul.

what i mean by feeling like my lp is scale length, my ibanez is 25.5 and i just have issues with switching lengths.
Lets jump in a pool

i say go for it, the necks feel great. and i'm sure thats no scam. the melody makers come in a funny box and everything. i just looked and the one you're looking at on ebay has the funny box lol

anyway, i personally wouldn't want a melody maker unless it had a p90. i can't stand the headstock, either, as somebody else already said. now forgive me, i'm going to yell at you:

MM means music man in my head how dare you get me so excited for a melody maker.

anyway, i'm sure you'll end up with a decent piece of guitar, but i'd definitely look for a p90 equipped model!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i say go for it, the necks feel great. and i'm sure thats no scam. the melody makers come in a funny box and everything. i just looked and the one you're looking at on ebay has the funny box lol

anyway, i personally wouldn't want a melody maker unless it had a p90. i can't stand the headstock, either, as somebody else already said. now forgive me, i'm going to yell at you:

MM means music man in my head how dare you get me so excited for a melody maker.

anyway, i'm sure you'll end up with a decent piece of guitar, but i'd definitely look for a p90 equipped model!

aw man im totally sorry about that!
I've been doing my AP US History notes and i had a bunch of papers on my keyboard so i just hit mm and was done with it.
And about the p90, I was really thinking I'd add one in the neck spot, err a p94 but its close.
Lets jump in a pool