Ok, my guitar is currently at the shop because it my floyd rose bridge needs to be "set-up" so I can play it in drop c (CGCFAD). HERE'S MY PROBLEM. I play in drop C - CGCFAD and D standard - DGCFAD. Both tunings are the same, except for the 1st string. My guitar tech guy said:

"You can't change tunings when you have a floyd rose."

So, bummer. but! is there a way, that i could change from drop C, to D standard, with just adjusting the fine tuner on the 1st string???

Please help!
some floyd has a thing you can pull to change the first string for drop tunings.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
at the edge of the trem. Im not an expert in that though so i could be wrong.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by ChrisL33T
what's this thing?

Only guitar I've seen it on was the EVH-signature guitar and it was called "D-Tuna".
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
yup, that's the thing i was talking about.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
The D-tuna only works if your floyd rose isn't recessed.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Edit: beaten to it
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
it will still work, just cant pull up on the trem arm no more or it will hit the body.
most people that use d-tuna have their floyds blocked
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
You could I suppose, however, your trem would slowly go out of tune. The thing about floating trems is that to get them to a desired tuning, you have to it floating parallel to the body. This is achieved by an equal amount of tension provided by the strings and the springs in the back. Once you go outside of that desired tuning, that screws up the trem's balance, which causes it to go out of tune. I may be wrong, so if I am I apologize.
Quote by Pr0gNut
Nothing,because I wouldn't pay to have a childhood fear strip for me,no matter what sick variation of the clown car routine they come up with.

Taste the Meat, Not the Heat.
LISTEN TO DEVIN TOWNSEND!
You can do that, but you'll have to retune every few songs, your strings all slowly go out of tune as the tension increases/decreases, and it buggers up the balance of the bridge which complicates matters further.